• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Why would the PO do this?

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
Why? Don't know......but I think for sure I would take the tape off the lower cross pipe just to make sure he didnt do it to make a smaller package to ship or move or...?

maybe he bought it used and the person he bought it from cut it to ship it.

msweb

Bronco Guru
Rats - I thought the first picture was of the exhaust where he cut an H pipe out... Oh well, at least it doesn't have huge hole in the exhaust - does it??

If nothin else, it's better than findin a PVC rollbar under that wrap!;D

IowaMike

Bronco Guru
Probably thought he could get a custom double tube rollbar look by piecing 2 together. In the middle of it, got lazy.

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
On CRACK most likely. It appears that he was wanting to do away with the double bar set up however lost interest or broke all of his sawzall blades ;) ;D ;D

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I got it!
He wanted to carry a sheet of plywood home and figured that it would be nice to make a slot to hold it.
Also works as air brakes.;D

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Didn't Colt Seavers (the fall guy) have a sweet double bar set-up?

Seriously it looks like a full cage that had the middle cut out of it. You could probably pull the fron bar and mount it by the windshield and add the cross top bars for a full cage and not have to bend anything. Maybe add an oh shit bar.

Good luck with all of that 1/2" electrical tape. If that was here in AZ it would be a sticky gooey mess.

Jeff in AZ

BroncoKidd

Loc.
Gainesville, FL
I cant beat that roll bar! When I get my body back up here at work I will take some pictures of what the last guy to touch mine did. He used 1 1/2" galvanized aluminum from a fence post and just welded it to the rusted out floor. The first weekend I worked on it I put my weight on it and it buckled right in two. There are some dumb people in the world.

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, i found the answer to the question at hand...you guys won't believe this...He actually cut the roll bar so his soft top, looks like a jeep top, could fit better.

Attachments

• DSC01605 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01605 (Medium).JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC01606 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01606 (Medium).JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 35

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
lol damn some people I swear, and it only took you a year to find out ;D

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Wow what a hack

I have the same roll bar in mine, when I do a new cage you can have mine if you want.

Attachments

• rbar.JPG
    rbar.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I appreciate it, but i'm hoping to get one of the crab cages...if i can get it built with this cage's geometry...i.e. let me keep my tool box.

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
Lonesouth

Hey --- here's how this works !!!!

The owner didn't want to build a stretched Bronco like everyone else. That's too easy .. Instead he shortened the rig soooooooo much ---- that the rear family cage met up with the front !!!!!!

This is obvious due to my many long -- um --- years -- um -- of experience -

STAR PLEASE !

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What is the general consensus on what to do about the hack job? I could A. grind it down and leave it. Or B. grind it down and reweld in some tubing. Any of you cage gurus want to chime in as to whether the front and back bars tied together adds strength or just looks?

Don gets a gold star for having the same roll bar as me, HORRAY!

Bunkin gets a star for comedy of my miget bronco. Seriously, I want to see a shortened wheelbase bronco. Not mine, i want mine to be a crewcab, broncow i'll be callin in a few years.

DBrown

Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
I would grind off the other welds and replace the pieces. not that hard of a job. and I could see the cage flexing at the other joint. while you are at it you could weld in a front cage kit and some frame ties to make it right.

I would also remove the wrap to see if there is anything else jacked up.

when I do mine I intend to put in seat holders to the cage and run a set of racing buckets in the front with 5 point harnesses. that way I don't really have to do the frame ties.

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So...rough estimate of what it would cost for me to get a front cage built and installed with the rear roll bar, including seat mounts?