• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Win a chance to ride in the BC Broncos race Bronco in the baja 1000

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
WIN a chance to ride in the BC Bronco racer as a co-driver during the 40th Anniversary of the Baja 1000. We will be selling raffle tickets for $10 with the proceeds going toward the race effort while helping support the Old Horse Racing all-volunteer pit crew.
There are two ways to enter. 1: You can buy a ticket at the OCBR event or the Off-road Expo. 2: Send $10 for each ticket through Pay Pal, charge it to your credit card, or add it to your next order from BC Broncos.

If you buy a ticket at one of the events you will get a numbered ticket stub. If you buy one on-line we will email you your unique ticket number(s) and the other half of the ticket will go into the bucket.

We will announce the winner of the random drawing on Oct. 14th so the winner can make travel arrangements. We will be leaving Texas on Nov 6th if the winner wants to ride with us or we will be at the San Diego airport on the 10th picking up some guys that are flying in later.

You can go to www.bcbroncos.com/info.html to get more details and see some pictures of racing from past years, or go here to buy a ticket
http://bcbroncos.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1348&osCsid=85590577b142711e20429d71b42a3543

Attachments

• clean767.jpg
    clean767.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 97
  • bronco-girl.jpg
    bronco-girl.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 248
  • Racer-at-expo.jpg
    Racer-at-expo.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Racer04 cut.jpg
    Racer04 cut.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 40Yr_logo-1in.jpg
    40Yr_logo-1in.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 2007 Baja Map.pdf
    213.9 KB · Views: 26

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
The gps will be set up so it will only take a few min. to learn how to zoom in and out. The hard part will be to control yourself (no screeming allowed) and constantly read speed, oil pressure, trans and engine temp. Watch the GPS for coarse changes, mirrors for T Trucks and the road ahead, monitor the radio and report all of the above while riding with a nut driving as fast as he can through silt so thick you can't see the front of the truck. The navigator has a very intense job.
Even if we don't get far this will be an experience of a life time and if we do the full 1292 miles it'll take a month to get the grin off your face. Last year Roxanne spend most of her time as navigator screeming "go faster dad":)

MattMoe

Contributor
Loc.
Baton Rouge
My wife shot me down on the idea, unless I take the 6 mo old with me%), something about leaving her home for 2 weeks with the baby by herself while I gallivant across the desert in an antique, and picking up Senoritas.

Will you be selling T-Shirts as well? I have been approved for that.

Dogdare

I'm ready to drop my money, but isn't a passport now required to get into Mexico, and more importantly, back home?

Herb

OP
OP
Cactus killer

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
I'm ready to drop my money, but isn't a passport now required to get into Mexico, and more importantly, back home?

Herb

They suspended the passport issue for land travel until next year but you will need one if you are flying or taking a cruise.

Dogdare

They suspended the passport issue for land travel until next year but you will need one if you are flying or taking a cruise.

I'm guesing that riding with Chuck would be more like flying than taking a cruise. ;D

Herb (owner of one, hopefully winning, ticket)