• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Winter sidewinder shifter stuck in park! Help!

Derekryan84

Loc.
Henderson, Tx
Just put a new winters sidewinder in my bronco. Had problems left and right with everything else. Finally went and drove a few miles and it worked great. Parked at the house to load up the family to go grab some dinner for our first time together out and I can't get it out if park. I know ill probably catch hell but I searched high and low before I even bought the shifter. Thanks for any help

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
Has she told you to sell ...that old horse....lmao...wish i could help..but the details are in the routing of the cable...good luck

OP
OP
Derekryan84

Derekryan84

Loc.
Henderson, Tx
No she didn't. I was pretty depressed she just made me feel better. Crazy the part is brand new I made sure there where not sharp angles or bind in the cable. It was working fine then outta nowhere locked up. Ill figure it out bout to take it all the way out and mess with it

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I'd say step one is to disconnect the shifter cable at the arm on the transmission and determine if it's binding in the shifter/cable or if something is amiss in the transmission.

Todd Z.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I'd say step one is to disconnect the shifter cable at the arm on the transmission and determine if it's binding in the shifter/cable or if something is amiss in the transmission.

Todd Z.

X2. Block the wheels first though so you don't get runned over.

OP
OP
Derekryan84

Derekryan84

Loc.
Henderson, Tx
Yeah I did that before I got on here. I should've just pulled the whe cable before posting but I was pissd off and stressed. There is a quick connect like on some throttle linkage so checking the tranny was nothing to it. But wht I couldn't see was my cable laying against the exaust pipe. It melted the plastic sleeve to the cable and when I parked it, it welded itself when it cooled down. I separated the cable from the shifter and force it free. So thanks for the input and here's a pic just because I haven't even put any on here yet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 21