• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiring from firewall to tail lights on frame

johnbeck

I installed the 1 inch lift body lift bushings and now have room on top of the driver's side frame to locate my firewall to tail light wiring harness. How did you who have located wiring or fuel lines on top of the frame secure them(Without the use of duct tape or zip ties)? I've thought of drilling holes in the top of the frame or maybe using picture frame style toggle bolts in the existing holes and slots already on the top of the frame for anchor points. Thanks for your thoughts!

nickgp

Bronco Guru
I’ve used self drilling screws (but pre drilled) and have also used nut certs and button heads both securing adel clamps to hold the loom. Both methods work fine. The nut cert way is a bit overboard, though. Space is the concern getting drilling done w body on.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
ken: U use the wring clips thru the corrugated covers - drill holes in the frame to press in?

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
wiring clips

Chris, I tape the wire retainers to the harness/loom and push them in the holes. Ken
It's "Chad"
that's OK tho, many misread the "L" as an "i".

OK, thnx 4 da response. The tape would close the 'slit' in the corrugated pretty permanently...

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Sorry Chad about the name but yes the tape does close the slit but it is easy to remove if you have to do any work on the harness. These are the same retainers that have been used on factory harnesses for years. Ken