• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiring Q

swamped

Loc.
Likely BC Canada
I have a 75 with a wiring gremlin. Where does the big black with a yellow strip wire end up? It look like it goes to the starter solenoid and should it have an online fuse on it? Any help would be nice

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Welcome aboard.

Yes it goes to the battery side of the solenoid. It should have a 16 ga fusible link on that end.

OP
OP
S

swamped

Loc.
Likely BC Canada
Thanks that's where it was but kept blowing a fuse I just went through my dash harness found a few bare wires and some cracked ones so I will try the fusable link now and see what happens. Wish me luck lol.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What do you have coming off the back of the alternator swamped?
I thought the Black w/yellow wire was the alternator side, and Black w/red should be to the starter solenoid.
Is there a Black w/red there at the solenoid also? And is there a separate wire coming straight from the alternator's "CHG" or "BAT" terminal?

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Either way though, having either or both to the solenoid should not be blowing any fuses or links, so it sounds like you have another issue somewhere.

What fuse are you blowing by the way?

Paul

OP
OP
S

swamped

Loc.
Likely BC Canada
Paul it so choped up there is no blk w red and there is one blk w grn going to the alt also. The fuse is a 30 amp fuse the wire I'm talking about comes from the fuse box meets with the blk and grn then comes through the fire wall then I'm not sure where it goes.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
If you look in my gallery you'll find a complete set of '75 wiring diagrams with connector drawings.