• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiring question again.

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Im Installing a Northwest Autowire harness (they sell on ebay). Not a bad set up but the instructions leave you wanting a bit.
One more question. I have a Wire (purple) from the "Start" terminal on the Ignition switch, the instructions say it is to go to starter relay.
Which terminal on the relay (solenoid) "S" or "I".

The ignition switch also runs a large red wire from the Batt. terminal to the battery.
and a small red wire from the IGN terminal to the coil.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Purple wire to "S" terminal. There should be a resistor in the small red wire going to the coil.

lekount

Loc.
ATL
Northwest Autowire Questions?

Im installing a Northwest Autowire harness in a 73. It seems the engine bay portion (Section C in their manual) is intended to run down the passenger side. And, it only enters the firewall/cab from that side. While the original has headlight sections running down the inside of each inner fender to the headlights. Does anyone know if I can eliminate the driver side section and plug the firewall hole? This would mean I route the driver side headlight section across the center support. Also, it looks like they have it set-up for the horn to be on the passenger side. But, mine is located on driver side and it doesnt seem to make sense to mount it under the battery. Any comments?
Last - I cant find anythin in the manual about connecting to the alternator.
Any comments?

This is the first time I've done something like this so I'm taking my time and studying it closely trying to map out each section. Figured little more time planning and studying might save me alot of headaches

daren

The kit does not come with a harness to go from the regulator to the alternator, you need to make one. For the alternator what I did was use the yellow wire from package D and put that to terminal S on the regulator, A terminal goes to Batt+ on the starter solenoid, F terminal goes to the field on the alt.

For the harness routing routing I had mine run down the passenger side then run across to the driver side headlight. As for the horn what I did was cut the push on connector that comes on the wire and solder a wire onto it to extend it to reach the horn.