• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiring tachometer - Centech and EFI

jesus888

Loc.
Atlanta, GA
So in wiring up the gauges, I came to the Tachometer and got a little confused. The Centech has a yellow tach wire, which I hooked up to the gauge, but the wire extends into the engine bay and I don't know where to hook it up under the hood...

I have a Petronix Flame Thrower II Coil, and my EFI harness is a reworked (by Kolibar customs) 93 mustang harness...

What do I tap into to get the Tach reading?

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
think it taps into the computer. Mine is not working and I'm not sure where to check the connection but I have a carb with a 6A MSD.

OP
OP
jesus888

jesus888

Loc.
Atlanta, GA
I agree that it does... but how does it hook to the Petronix Flamethrower II? Better question is, which wire? Currently, we have an plug from the EFI harness going to the coil...

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Yellow centech wire to coil negative post unless running EDIS. Then you need a signal converter.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Pin 4 of the computer
Pin 2 of the TFI module
or the neg side of the coil

OP
OP
jesus888

jesus888

Loc.
Atlanta, GA
PERFECT guys, thanks! Ric Kolibar got in touch with me too, and told me the negative wire on the coil...