• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Won' fit, what is wrong?

myscott22

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR.
NV 4500, 5speed to EB using AA parts and won't bolt up. Has anyone had this problem or can someone tell me the distance from inside the frame rails to the mounting holes in th X-member. Hope in the picture it shows the mount holes are too far to the right side and AA says it has never happened before, and have been very nice trying to help. and will make up a special adapter plate to go on top of the rubber mount if I send them the measurements.

Attachments

• rear mount.jpg
    rear mount.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 108

BlackHorse

Did you get the normal adapter plate? I don't see it in the photo. If you have it bolt it on the bottom of the 4500 then bolt the rubber mount to the adapter plate. You can lossen motor mounts and move the whole drive train into the mounting holes on the x-member.

NYBronco

Loc.
Hartford, CT
Mounting NV4500

If you turn the crossmember around does it line up then? I wasn only off about an 1/8th of an inch in mine. Was able to just push a litttle to get it to drop into position.

OP
OP
myscott22

myscott22

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR.
BlackHorse said:
Did you get the normal adapter plate? I don't see it in the photo. If you have it bolt it on the bottom of the 4500 then bolt the rubber mount to the adapter plate. You can lossen motor mounts and move the whole drive train into the mounting holes on the x-member.

Yes I got the plate, it is not in the picture. Engine and transmission are twisted counter clockwise as far as will go with out bending something in the picture. Got a measurements last night on transfer case rear drive line location and using another EB. My transmission should 3/4" further to the left than the picture shows and that makes it worse. With the plate you refer to the transmission needs to move to the right 1"+ to bolt all together. To make everything fit I need almost 2"??????????

OP
OP
myscott22

myscott22

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR.
NYBronco said:
If you turn the crossmember around does it line up then? I wasn only off about an 1/8th of an inch in mine. Was able to just push a litttle to get it to drop into position.

Can't turn it around or the X-member would be in the center of the transmission, as it is off set, that would move the X-member foward about 3"

BlackHorse

You could just drill new holes in the xmember if you are sure that's where you want it. I've never had to and I have used the AA 4500 kit a few times. I went out and looked at my oun xmember and it appears to be in the same place as the photo but it's hard to tell.

OP
OP
myscott22

myscott22

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR.
BlackHourse could you do me a favor and measure yours? Mabe take a square and measure bottom of frame to top of X-member where mount attaches and inside right frame rail to 1st hole? Mine measures, from right to left 7 5/8" to first hole,4 3/4" between holes and 11" to right frame rail inside. total is 23 3/8" between frame rails. I forgot to measure from bottom of frame to top of X-member but bottom of t-case is 2"+ or - higher than X-member and my x-member doesn't have the notch that the instructions show? There is room to stick your hand between them. ( low part of t-case and x-member where notch should be)
Scott

OP
OP
myscott22

myscott22

Loc.
Klamath Falls, OR.
Sorry BlackHourse, forgot to answer your question, Yes I can and will make it work by drilling new holes in the X-member or the top plate that bolts to the rubber mount. I just want to figure out why I am the only one that has had this problem and if is my EB frame, transmission, motor mounts, or the adapter or what?
Thanks for your help,
Scott

BlackHorse

Not exact but 7 3/4" from right side to first hole and about 6" from top of frame down to flat spot on xmember. Mine has no notch.