• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Would like to find a certain Bronco. FOUND IT!!!!

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I know this is a shot in the dark, but it's worth a shot.

I'd like to find my Dad's old '69. It was his first Bronco, and I'd love to have it back. It was Royal Maroon with Sport package, full top with drip rail chrome, he put a Dana 44 front under it and it had a small lift. It was 3 speed on the column with the 302. Cut in rear. Had a winch bumper up front.

I last saw it in the Huntsville, Alabama area. Last owner I know of was from around Scottsboro. 20 Broncos later, I think my Dad still liked this one the best. He sold it in the late 80's and I last saw it in the late 90's-early 00's.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. :)

Sorry for the bad picture!

UPDATE: Bronco is possibly in the Madison County area of North Alabama. Was told it now has uncut fenders/quarters and possibly reupholstered interior, and the last known owner is said to be named Gene.

Attachments

• Maroon '69.jpg
    Maroon '69.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 514
Last edited:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I'm in N.Ms. and will keep a look out over here,but those rear flares look like they flared out more towards the high spot?looks cool best I can see in the pic.

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
good luck

Thanks. I'm hopeful, but chances are this thing has been restored and I wouldn't be able to recognize it. But, it's worth a shot trying to find it.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Do you have the VIN#?
You might be able to do a title search through the state.

If you are serious about it, there are ways to find it. You can run a car fax on it and see where it was last registered. If it was out of state contact the DMV/DOT in that state. Some states are super easy to get information from and work with, others flat out will not provide it. Things are getting stricter everywhere with privacy being a big concern.

Contact Marti Auto Works they may know some other ways to find it. I met Kevin at Barrett-Jackson this year, very knowledgeable and helpful, gave a good presentation on Title/VIN/Trim Tag fraud. Their Marti Report is very cool, tons of information about your vehicle. It's on my list of things to do.

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Do you have the VIN#?
You might be able to do a title search through the state.

If you are serious about it, there are ways to find it. You can run a car fax on it and see where it was last registered. If it was out of state contact the DMV/DOT in that state. Some states are super easy to get information from and work with, others flat out will not provide it. Things are getting stricter everywhere with privacy being a big concern.

Contact Marti Auto Works they may know some other ways to find it. I met Kevin at Barrett-Jackson this year, very knowledgeable and helpful, gave a good presentation on Title/VIN/Trim Tag fraud. Their Marti Report is very cool, tons of information about your vehicle. It's on my list of things to do.

I'm serious about it. Of all the Broncos out there (besides my '76), this is the one I want the most. I'll try to find some old registration papers or something and see if I can come up with the VIN.

Krayzie, where are you located?

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
I'm in north Ms. also and know where several are in and around me. If you can find an old tag receipt or something with the vin# I'll go and check out the ones I know of. Several are just parts trucks thou, But I know of two that are that color. Good luck I know how you feel, I sold my first car and have wanted it back ever sense 67 Firebird 400 4v with 4 speed. I bought a 74 ranger package bronco for parts several years ago thats that color with no front cap.

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I looked, and did not find any old registration or anything. I'm still hoping to find it, but I know the odds are slim. :(

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I had a '71 that ended up there,but was next owner and nor me;)