• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Would like to find a certain Bronco. FOUND IT!!!!

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
UPDATE:

I spoke with the last known PO today. He said they sold the Bronco about 5-6 years ago. The new owner lives in North Alabama! But, there is some good news, and some bad news. The good news is, the new owner restored the Bronco and put new uncut quarters in it. The bad news is, the guy I spoke to told me he bets $25k wouldn't take it. So it looks like this one may never be back in our corral.

That doesn't mean I'm not going to at least try. ;D

I've got a name of the current owner (hopefully), and I'm going to try to get into contact with him. I will try to at least go see it and take some pictures. Of course, I'm going to ask him to sell it as well, and tell him if he ever decides to, I want to be the first to know!

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Hey al least you know it's still around and is being treated well. I hate I didn't get to talk to you at super cel. I was running around to much. Your truck looks great! Yours was my dad's favorite.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Well congrats on getting this far. The odds were slim...but the Bronco still exists and you found it. At the very least you can give the guy your contact info and let him know what that Bronco means to you! Good job!

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Hey al least you know it's still around and is being treated well. I hate I didn't get to talk to you at super cel. I was running around to much. Your truck looks great! Yours was my dad's favorite.

I spoke with you a little, so that counts. I was running around too much myself, taking tons of pics and whatnot. ;)

I'm shocked that mine is someone's favorite! Cool! Tell your Dad I said thank you for appreciating my rig, and thank you for the compliment! :)

I'm happy someone else is caring for it. At least it isn't sitting rusting away, or being bashed through the woods.

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Well congrats on getting this far. The odds were slim...but the Bronco still exists and you found it. At the very least you can give the guy your contact info and let him know what that Bronco means to you! Good job!

Thanks, I'm excited that I got this far. I figured it was long gone, never to be heard from again.

I'm going to try to get the owner's phone number and give him a ring. :)

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Good luck with that man and glad to read that you do know where it's at...

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
I wish I could find the 75 I had when I turned 16, I sold it a couple of years later to a guy in Nashville TN. Baja it didn't happen to be you did it? Would have been 1992-1993

Attachments

• img001.jpg
    img001.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 147
OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I'm turning up the heat on this.....

I've called the Tag/Title office and the insurance company today, and neither of them have any record of it under Dad's name (outdated and possibly never insured).

I just got off the phone with the previous owner, and he said he wouldn't have any old registration. They actually sold it probably 12-13 years ago.

The man who bought it's name is supposedly Gene, and possibly lives around Huntsville or New Hope and may have a friend with an original paint '68-'69 from the New Hope area.

If you have any info, please let me know.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I'm turning up the heat on this.....

I've called the Tag/Title office and the insurance company today, and neither of them have any record of it under Dad's name (outdated and possibly never insured).
I just got off the phone with the previous owner, and he said he wouldn't have any old registration. They actually sold it probably 12-13 years ago.
The man who bought it's name is supposedly Gene, and possibly lives around Huntsville or New Hope and may have a friend with an original paint '68-'69 from the New Hope area.
If you have any info, please let me know.

Keep after it.. ;)

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Decided to bump this thread. I spoke with a Bronco owner in the New Hope area and he has heard about a "Candy Apple Red" one that is supposed to be really nice. I'd say it's very possible that it's the one. Unfortunately he did not know the owner.

I have STILL not come up with the VIN. Running low on options of finding it too. %)

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Have you considered putting a CL ad out for that area? They may or may not reply even if they see it, may be worth a try though.

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Have you considered putting a CL ad out for that area? They may or may not reply even if they see it, may be worth a try though.

I already have. No replies. May be worth another try.