• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wrecked 1976 with PS PB AUTO

John Fox

Loc.
Clinton, Mississippi
I found a rolled/wrecked 1976 with all original, power steering, power brakes, front disk, 302, automatic, rusted out hard top, good seats, ect. What do you think I should pay for this? I really am interested in it for parts. Thanks for any advice.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:cool: :cool: :cool: When I was buying them one like that would be a easy 1000.00 just for the parts. Good luck. :p :p :p Bill %) :p :cool:

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
I recently paid $2K for a rolled 74. It didn't come with the Power Disk Brakes but, I did buy them from the guy seperately. An additional $1200 for a whole new set from James Duff still in the boxes.

The Bronco I picked up had a Ford Racing Crate 302 with full Serpentine belt setup. A rebuilt C4, a re-sealed D20 and a re-sealed BB9" that I used in mine. The 302 alone was worth the $2K. I wish I had come across it before I paid double that for a 351W rebuild.

I stripped her good parts and sold what I could. The rest was trash...

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
I wouldn't pay over $800 for it, but it's worth:
p/s = $400
column = $100
C4 = $400
D20 = $100
booster = $150
disc 44 = $400

and that's just the quick money parts.

hucktruck

Loc.
Missouri
I sold a 76' a couple years ago to Dan Jones (BroncoConnection) for $1200. It had the same stuff on it too but was so badly rusted it was only worth the parts.

You didn't mention the 9" BB rearend.

68ford

Bronco Guru
Dont forget that the rear drums on 76 and 77s are 11x2.25 not 11x1.75 which was the bigest until those two years.
isnt 76 and 77 rear housings more tappered at the center making them stronger?

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
I haven't had much luck selling 9" rears complete. 100-150 is all, so not worth it to me.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
does the owner know what he has...what is he wanting for it. Heck offer $400.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I paid $200 for a 77 and $900 for another 77 with an auto C4 and some aftermarket parts. Both were parted out after taking what I needed and making some to add to the EB fund.

MpCrewcab

Loc.
Jefferson, WI
as little as possible is the name of the game. What is the guy thinking for a price? The wife found a 76 and a 77 for parts at a rummage sale of all place this spring-- I bought the pair for $300.00. All depends if it runs or is it the guys way.

Case

MpCrewcab said:
The wife found a 76 and a 77 for parts at a rummage sale of all place this spring-- I bought the pair for $300.00.
how does that happen?? oh, what a nice old lamp there, and a matching set of end tables. and in the corner 2 broncos?!?! ok then. need to send the wife to more garbage sales if thats what happens. ;D ;D

OP
OP
J

John Fox

Loc.
Clinton, Mississippi
brian72 said:
does the owner know what he has...what is he wanting for it. Heck offer $400.

Yes I am afraid he knows what he has. He is very schooled on EB. Has owned several over the years, purchased this wreck to part out. He just had major heart problems and is no longer able to do physical activity. So he wants $1500 and will not budge one cent.
For a novice wrench turner, should I fool with it. I need and or want PS, PB, auto, front disc. I thought this would be the easiest (mechanically-just swap out?) and maybe a lesser cost way to get everything on my list.
Your opinion and knowledge are valued.
THANKS
John

OP
OP
J

John Fox

Loc.
Clinton, Mississippi
MpCrewcab said:
as little as possible is the name of the game. What is the guy thinking for a price? The wife found a 76 and a 77 for parts at a rummage sale of all place this spring-- I bought the pair for $300.00. All depends if it runs or is it the guys way.
$300?? Sounds like something my wife would do.....SELL two for $300.

He will not take less than $1500. Sounds high to me. But it would cost me minimum $2500 from one of the Bronco guys for all of the parts I can get from this one wreck. Plus I can part out what I do not need and recoupe a small portion of the investment. Spend the extra $1K and get all knew parts? Or have two Broncos at the house and still need some new parts?

68ford

Bronco Guru
John Fox said:
Yes I am afraid he knows what he has. He is very schooled on EB. Has owned several over the years, purchased this wreck to part out. He just had major heart problems and is no longer able to do physical activity. So he wants $1500 and will not budge one cent.
For a novice wrench turner, should I fool with it. I need and or want PS, PB, auto, front disc. I thought this would be the easiest (mechanically-just swap out?) and maybe a lesser cost way to get everything on my list.
Your opinion and knowledge are valued.
THANKS
John
Swap the rear axle too,get the big rear breakes,they are as much as an upgrade as the disk will be on the front. theres about 30%more braking surfacce on those drums than the skinny ones if i remember corectly.