• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

You know you drive an Early Bronco when?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
that is awesome.....we tend to think a like....can't wait to see what you have in store for this one!

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
your wife says "where did you get that, it looks cool" after I mocked up the hood and front clip. she forgot it came with it before I dissasebled it. LOL

Attachments

• IMG_2682.jpg
    IMG_2682.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 61

RedEyedMex619

Loc.
National City, CA
When you have to give a history lesson to every time you are talking about you EB. Every one seems to think O.J's bronco was the first Generation, and bronco II are the second.
New to the blog.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
When you wander from lane to lane and think it's normal.

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
When you KNOW the C4 isn't gonna shift, so you idle through the neghbourhood and rev it up (in nuetral) when a hot babe is in hearing range (1/2 mile or so) :)

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
that is awesome.....we tend to think a like....can't wait to see what you have in store for this one!

Thanks!

It should be a fun project once I start it. I thought of doing this one next but seeing I had so much fun with just today! I think I'm going to keep it a runner until I finish one of the other non-running U13 projects (66 delete truck) that But this white one I'll straighten a up some of the body and give it a quick go through on the drivetrain and call it a day or ...well more like a couple weekends.;) It will be my ride next year. My wife might not ride in it but my 2 kids are fighting over who rides first. So, I'll know I wont be diving alone.:cool:

PS This white one was on back the road today for the first time since 1986. Did well for an old girl with a few only "pops, coughs, choke and then one really loud BANG" but she got me to the DVM and back again. She'll earn my trust a little at a time.

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
You know you're driving an early Bronco when all of oyour friends and family don't worry about getting stuck, ever, because they know you can always get to them and pull them out, no matter how bad it is!

scbronco

Loc.
Sumter, SC
when your favorite vehicle has never been driven, shows no sign of being driven and hardly resemble a vehicle in its current state of garage ornamentation... but its still my favorite vehicle!

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
when you have a spare tire behind the bench seat not tied to anything and the tailgate open because it a piece of crap that doesnt lock right and the tire rolls out when hitting a hard bump onto the street not only once but twice ;D%). Lesson learned.

P.S. No accidents were caused on those busy streets when the tire went bouncing all over the street. Thank God!!!

mrborders

when you tell your wife"I bought this bronco because it dosnt need anything done to it"and then you put 5000 g's in it within 3 months

Russ

Loc.
Florence Al
You have to keep a "journal of parts", because only 1/8 of the parts you put on it, were intended for a Bronco.

You drive 15 miles instead of 2 miles to get to the other Orieleys, because "Billy" transferred stores.

When 20yr old technology is an upgrade.

When you put together parts that were never intended to work together by manufacturers. (cavalier calipers, sidekick rotors, s10 hoses = rear discs w/ e-brake levers)

Dogdare

when your neigbors assume you're a mechanic and know all about cars because you spend so much time working on your Bronco.

croft75

When a long time buddy and gear head , says give me the keys and you oblige knowing he can't drive 3 on the tree and it drives him crazy for weeks after because he only made it 20' ;)

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
when you spend everyday of your week vacation only working on your bronco, when the daily driver is broken down and has been for over 2 months

bptommy

Loc.
Arlington, TX
When your wife tells you this year for vacation lets drive from dallas to san francisco and all you can say is "holy crap we can go to wild horses" ;D

true story best trip of my life;D

detour to stockton well worth it, I highly recommend.

jbawall

Contributor
Loc.
Edgewood, Washington
When you finally see another bronco driving the other way and excitedly wave to the driver as you pass each other and he is looking at you like you are some kind of moron, and you realize "crap I'm in the truck, not the Bronco....."

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
When you finally see another bronco driving the other way and excitedly wave to the driver as you pass each other and he is looking at you like you are some kind of moron, and you realize "crap I'm in the truck, not the Bronco....."

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that.;D

freeheelbillie

Loc.
Denver
When your passengers and bystanders freak out over your death wobble, but you don't notice, and you don't spill a drop of your coffee.

;D NOW THATS GOOD...I think my right front sticks or the left front grabs from time to time. If I really stop hard am I ready to head into a ditch...just not sure which one.

You know you drive an EB when...you have to scrape the inside of your windows too burrrrrrrr***