• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ZF5 Reverse Light plug

mortimersnerd

Anyone have a lead on where to find a new plug for the reverse light switch on the SF42 ZF5? Picked up one, I believe 614, from Autozone, but it's not correct despite being the one listed. Many thanks!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What's different about it? Got a pic of the one on your trans? I know the ones on the NV are just reversed Weatherpack connectors, but not familiar with the ZF.

Paul

OP
OP
mortimersnerd

mortimersnerd

Odd, thats what I have too. I wonder if someone replaced my reverse light switch. Mine has the terminals spaced a little father apart, but is otherwise identical.

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I did find a reverse switch too. Might also have been in Rock Auto. I put both in new

Hank

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Odd, thats what I have too. I wonder if someone replaced my reverse light switch. Mine has the terminals spaced a little father apart, but is otherwise identical.

i couldnt find the boxes that my parts came in, but i checked rock auto and the plug quoted above, and the switch from the same year is what is used (visually confirmed, not by part number). no issues with the combination.

Hank