• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Moab Bronco safari Roll call.

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I am about 2 hours from Moab, I was planning on driving up just to see some Bronco's and hopefully meet some folks here on the forum. My Bronco is on the road but not read for the trails yet. I also am not on facebook, is there a place where everyone is hanging out when not on the trails? I have been through Moab several times but never out on the trails. Any info you have would be awesome. Thanks!

Edit: Also if there is one day better than another to meet up and see folks and their Bronco's let me know.

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I am about 2 hours from Moab, I was planning on driving up just to see some Bronco's and hopefully meet some folks here on the forum. My Bronco is on the road but not read for the trails yet. I also am not on facebook, is there a place where everyone is hanging out when not on the trails? I have been through Moab several times but never out on the trails. Any info you have would be awesome. Thanks!

Edit: Also if there is one day better than another to meet up and see folks and their Bronco's let me know.

Moab Rim Campark is the hub of the event. You will find plenty of Broncos and people there all week. I belive the Show and Shine is on Friday.

That’s about the same time as me. I’ll be towing with my motorhome, so don’t be drafting off off me! :)

Mark

Don't tempt me ;) Where are you staying?

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Moab Rim Campark is the hub of the event. You will find plenty of Broncos and people there all week. I belive the Show and Shine is on Friday.

Don't tempt me ;) Where are you staying?

We’re staying at OK RV Park, it’s very close to Safari central. I’m there with the rest of our SoCal Broncos group, 12-20 rigs I’d guess. I’ll come by the Moab Rim Park a few times, there’s a lot of people I want to meet up with.

Mark

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Mark,

We’re staying at OK RV Park, it’s very close to Safari central. I’m there with the rest of our SoCal Broncos group, 12-20 rigs I’d guess. I’ll come by the Moab Rim Park a few times, there’s a lot of people I want to meet up with.

Mark

You guys are going to be the biggest group there. That's a small army. Lol

Jeff

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Any of you that want GPS tracks shoot me a PM with your email address. I have well over 100 tracks of the area.

Those that have never taken the time drive to the Needles District on the south end of Canyonlands I highly anchorage you to do so. Check out Newspaper Rock and Elephant Hill and drive out to Convergence Point (where the Green and Colorado meet), you won't be disappointed in the 75 mile drive out there. Even if you don't do the trails its just different and so worth the time.

I would completely agree with this. Funny you brought it up I had just watched a video of it. They didn't get to the confluence or newspaper rock for some reason??? You drive right by newspaper rock..... What a great view.

We have done poison spider several times and never exactly the same. Guess I better get the GPS tracks and try another way....

JSmall

Bronco Guru

Mark

Sounds good

JSmall, Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!

You're welcome

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I’m working down the list of folks GPX requests. I have plenty of inspiration to go back. I have a Tom Till panorama of Park Avenue over the bed;D

Plus a few other large prints of his around the house

Attachments

• E19CCAC0-E45E-485D-BDF8-C9C9DC38689A.jpg
    E19CCAC0-E45E-485D-BDF8-C9C9DC38689A.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 52

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
I’m working down the list of folks GPX requests. I have plenty of inspiration to go back. I have a Tom Till panorama of Park Avenue over the bed;D

Plus a few other large prints of his around the house

Well at least it’s on the wall...if it was on the ceiling.....%)

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Well at least it’s on the wall...if it was on the ceiling.....%)

I'd be concerned too:p

We have several of Tom Till's works and even some from out own infamous KSM:cool:

20 years ago if someone had told me the amount of money I have invested hanging on the walls in my house I'd of scoffed and said NEVER...LOL Now out in the shop, oh yeah, 10x that amount hanging on the walls in tools and parts%);D

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
I'd be concerned too:p

We have several of Tom Till's works and even some from out own infamous KSM:cool:

20 years ago if someone had told me the amount of money I have invested hanging on the walls in my house I'd of scoffed and said NEVER...LOL Now out in the shop, oh yeah, 10x that amount hanging on the walls in tools and parts%);D

Yes, he has amazing photos from out there. I was just thinking he might have had some from “The Wave” but I not sure on that. Someplace I would love to see but it’s tough to get there! Southeast UT is an amazing place for sunrise and sunset photography. Someday, with camera in hand....sigh!
BTW, you lost me with KSM?

Scott

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
KSM is a member here that is known for her landscapes in oil. She does some spectacular work.

Attachments

• 593CB3BF-3D70-42A2-8ED5-D7BBB3EF0EDF.jpg
    593CB3BF-3D70-42A2-8ED5-D7BBB3EF0EDF.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 36

mitch@wildhorses

Sponsor/Vendor
Loc.
Lodi, CA
Kinda late to this party but we'll be headed out to Moab after Super Cel East. Basically making a huge loop(I love when the stars align like this haha) Aside from top of the world, what other trails have some of the best views and photo op scenery? I've been going since I was a kid but still can't seem to remember the names of the trails ;D

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Kinda late to this party but we'll be headed out to Moab after Super Cel East. Basically making a huge loop(I love when the stars align like this haha) Aside from top of the world, what other trails have some of the best views and photo op scenery? I've been going since I was a kid but still can't seem to remember the names of the trails ;D

Moab Rim and Poison Spider have good views over the town of Moab and the Colorado River. Cliffhanger has a good view towards the south and west of Moab. All 3 have good photo ops with Broncos near shear cliffs similar to Top of the World.

Here is a photo at the end of Cliffhanger.

Attachments

• End of Cliffhanger.jpg
    End of Cliffhanger.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 44

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma

Porcupine rim on the north end has beautiful overlook of castle valley and a similar parking spot to top of the world. Metal Masher has good views similar to Gold Bar Rim just further north. My all time favorite, not so popular picture spot is the first 1/2 mile of Steel Bender, the little valley it goes through is breath taking. If you feel like a trail in a rental car, Shaffers Trail is really nice too. Shoot me your email and I'll be happy to send you my GPX files.

mitch@wildhorses

Sponsor/Vendor
Loc.
Lodi, CA
Moab Rim and Poison Spider have good views over the town of Moab and the Colorado River. Cliffhanger has a good view towards the south and west of Moab. All 3 have good photo ops with Broncos near shear cliffs similar to Top of the World.

Here is a photo at the end of Cliffhanger.

Yeah I've been on Cliffhanger and it's definitely one of my all time favorite trails. I'll have to see about checking the others out!

mitch@wildhorses

Sponsor/Vendor
Loc.
Lodi, CA
Porcupine rim on the north end has beautiful overlook of castle valley and a similar parking spot to top of the world. Metal Masher has good views similar to Gold Bar Rim just further north. My all time favorite, not so popular picture spot is the first 1/2 mile of Steel Bender, the little valley it goes through is breath taking. If you feel like a trail in a rental car, Shaffers Trail is really nice too. Shoot me your email and I'll be happy to send you my GPX files.

I'll add them to the list! I don't have any type of GPS system setup in the Bronco but if I go, I'll definitely follow someone who knows what they're doing haha thanks!

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I'll add them to the list! I don't have any type of GPS system setup in the Bronco but if I go, I'll definitely follow someone who knows what they're doing haha thanks!

get the google earth, USGS or Back Country Navigator ap on your phone and download a map of the area and you can over lay the GPX files on it. Just be sure to download the map and not use an online one, if you don't have service you don't have a map if using a live on line map. I use a galaxy tablet, it works the same way. We can sit down next week and discuss further if you'd like.