• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Moab Bronco safari Roll call.

mustanggarage

Contributor
I am very excited to be going to Moab in April. I used to live not far from there, and have always loved Moab. I just basically finished stage one of the bronco rebuild and so this will be the first Bronco event I have ever been to. I am so looking forward to seeing all the awesome rigs and meeting some new Bronco people so who else will be going? and any vendors going to be attending?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I'm planning on going. First time to Safari although I've been to Moab a number of times. It will be cool to see a bunch of Broncos there.

Attachments

• DF3486F8-808C-4A76-826A-704B538A0604.jpg
    DF3486F8-808C-4A76-826A-704B538A0604.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 109

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
I wish I could make it this year. Been about 4 years since I was there last.
I will be in Tenn for Super Cell in a few but will have to wait on Moab this year.

I will be pulling the current motor out after SC East and stabbing the fresh 351W roller. I'm looking for a rig to put the old block in. It runs awesome just wanted the new block and excited to run it.

I will also be at the SC west as well this year.

Nice pics gentlemen. Hope to see ya on the trail in the near future.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I wish.. Look forward to everyone's pics..

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Everyone,

I'll be there. Haven't been since 2015.

On a side note, I'll be leaving the Bronco in storage in Moab to make the trips there less complicated. (I guess since it will be a "resident" I should join Utah Bronco Club. lol)

If everything works the way as planned, I'll have an empty trailer back to Indy. I could haul a vehicle that far if needed for the fuel cost.

Jeff

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Hi Everyone,

I'll be there. Haven't been since 2015.

On a side note, I'll be leaving the Bronco in storage in Moab to make the trips there less complicated. (I guess since it will be a "resident" I should join Utah Bronco Club. lol)

If everything works the way as planned, I'll have an empty trailer back to Indy. I could haul a vehicle that far if needed for the fuel cost.

Jeff

Good to hear you'll be there! Let's try to meet up on a trail or maybe dinner!

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Gary,

Good to hear you'll be there! Let's try to meet up on a trail or maybe dinner!

That sounds great! I'll look forward to seeing you again.

Do you plan on being in Moab most of that week?

See you soon.

Jeff

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I’ll be there along with a bunch of others from SoCal Broncos. This will be my first time to Moab with my Bronco. Our group is staying at OK RV park.

Mark

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Everyone,

I'm not on a Facebook, and I don't believe I have seen any other information about Bronco Safari on CB recently.

Any idea what trails will be offered?

Thanks,

Jeff

SavageBurro

Catching the last day of Safari and will be the week AFTER with a big group. I'm a little worried about 92" wheelbase on 39s. Steep ledges and short wb make me nervous. That aside - very much looking forward to the trek. Been on my list for about 35 years.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Hey Everyone,

I'm not on a Facebook, and I don't believe I have seen any other information about Bronco Safari on CB recently.

Any idea what trails will be offered?

Thanks,

Jeff

I have not seen an final trail selection for the official rides but here is the list of possible trails they are considering:

3-D
Behind the Rocks
Buttes and Towers Trail
Cameo Cliffs
Chicken Corners
Cliffhanger
Copper Ridge
Dome Plateau
Fins and Things
Flat Iron Mesa
Gold Bar Rim
Golden Spike
Hells Revenge
Kane Creek
Metal Masher
Moab Rim
Poison Spider

Pritchett Canyon
Seven Mile Rim
Steel Bender
Top of The World

I have bolded the ones I'm interested in. Looks like a selection from easy to hard with Pritchett Canyon being the hardest.

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Gary,

Thanks for list. I remember seeing that when I registered.

You're right, from mild to wild. From the ones you highlighted I had shown interest in Poison Spider, Gold Bar Rim and Metal Masher. I was also interested in a few less challenging like Seven Mile, Fins, Cameo Cliffs (or Jax Trax), and Copper Ridge (although I've not been on Copper Ridge).

When are you headed to town?

Jeff

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Hi Gary,

Thanks for list. I remember seeing that when I registered.

You're right, from mild to wild. From the ones you highlighted I had shown interest in Poison Spider, Gold Bar Rim and Metal Masher. I was also interested in a few less challenging like Seven Mile, Fins, Cameo Cliffs (or Jax Trax), and Copper Ridge (although I've not been on Copper Ridge).

When are you headed to town?

Jeff

I did highlight Pritchett Canyon but I may re-think that! LOL Fins is fun but Ive done it a number of times. Seven Mile might be good too - never done it. I'm sure we won't get to all that I highlighted.

We're planning on getting there on Sunday night.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Any of you that want GPS tracks shoot me a PM with your email address. I have well over 100 tracks of the area.

Those that have never taken the time drive to the Needles District on the south end of Canyonlands I highly anchorage you to do so. Check out Newspaper Rock and Elephant Hill and drive out to Convergence Point (where the Green and Colorado meet), you won't be disappointed in the 75 mile drive out there. Even if you don't do the trails its just different and so worth the time.

Yooper74

I might head out there with just mountain bikes and motorcycles in the truck. Good time of year to leave my area and enjoy some sun. Bronco not ready yet and probably way to far to bring anyways but if you see a guy on a KTM creeping around all the broncos could be me.

JSmall

Bronco Guru
If all goes as planned, I should be rolling in Sunday 4/25 around noon :cool: