• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A shout out to Tom Hyde and Lick Creek Restorations.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
New AFD aussie heads from across the pond ...or sourced local / in the US ?

opted for the bigger port option on them ?

intake Is also from them ?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
SWEET ride Dennis and Tom is a great dude too! He has answered questions for me in the past....

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm really happy with the setup except for the fact that the new motor is really rough on everything behind it. (Got a new driveshaft on the way now!):eek::eek::eek:

LOL..I've found the Cleveland engines to be a wee bit hard on driveline components too.;D

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
LOL..I've found the Cleveland engines to be a wee bit hard on driveline components too.;D

that's only bc you wrenching on the wrong vehicle ! :p

start and finish the one thats got motor and gearbox behind the front seats and you not gona have them worries !! lol

OP
OP
fordfan

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
New AFD aussie heads from across the pond ...or sourced local / in the US ?

opted for the bigger port option on them ?

intake Is also from them ?

They are from down under, but there is a performance parts company for Cleveland stuff that imports them. These heads are actually AFD's 2V version which works better unless you have 400+ cubic inches.

I have a Parker Funnelweb intake from them, but it is not on this engine. The intake on Rattler is an Edelbrock Air Gap.

OP
OP
fordfan

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Yes.... It makes you look at all those components in a little different light.. the smallish D20 output, yokes and joints, 28 spline axles... Maybe the best thing to do is go back to a G78 15LT!;D;D;D

OP
OP
fordfan

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
SWEET ride Dennis and Tom is a great dude too! He has answered questions for me in the past....

Thanks Tasker! Yes, It helps to talk to someone that has done it before.