• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Absolute minimum wiring to make it run

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cleaned up the drawing, added a fuse to the fuel pump circuit. I think, after looking at the posts again, that this is the very minimum required to make it run.

Attachments

• basic wiring_2.JPG
    basic wiring_2.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Works like a charm...I did end up taking out the ignition switch and instead used a toggle for on/off and a momentary button for starter. Also, everthing that had gone to the C on the ignition switch, instead I took from the I on the starter solenoid. Since I have an electronic ignition, I did not put in a ballast resistor and simply ran 12v to the coil/ignition.

After having it set up like this, I don't think i want to run a standard key ingnition switch again. I'll probably just put a kill switch inside my tuffy gloce box and retain the on/off toggle and pushbutton start.

Edit: This is what I ended up using. It made more sense to run everything off the I terminal on the starter solenoid, shorter runs, than to run all the wires to the toggle under the dash.

Attachments

• basic wiring_3.JPG
    basic wiring_3.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 529
Last edited: