• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco died & won't run

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... Ok this is old BB Bronco. 300 cid . This old bronco has set for about the last 5 years but this summer My Son wanted me to get it running as this is the one he likes to drive.
.. So I'd got it running Plugs battery AND new gas . I uses a electric fuel pump to suck all the old fuel out & Put in new 93opt fuel.
It's ran for about a month around the farm .. So maybe 10 miles or so .. But this weekend it died several times & was hard to start . Finally I had to have it towed back to the house . I assumed it was the fuel pump being 20 years old. But I replaced the fuel line hose & put on a new fuel filter PUT THE OPEN END OF THE FUEL line into a clear plastic POP BOTTLE ..
Turned it over & THE FUEL PUMP HAD A BIG SPLASH INTO the filter each stroke. So It's not the fuel pump . So I sprayed a little shot of either in it & It starts for a minute but dies But each time I either it it starts for a moment. So It's not on the ignition side.
.... So that old fuel filter had what looked to be a lot of sandy rust particials in it .. But what was pumped up into the clear drink cup today was very clean.
............. I'm thinking take the carb off & pour the crap out of it . What's your thoughts.
The inspection sticker label on the windshield says the last time it went to town was 2002. So it's been on the farm a long time.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Well today I got my neighbor to come & spray some either into it & It cranked up and sputtered a few times & leveled out & ran good.
...Then I went to work on another issue & ended up pulling the water pump . Bearing is out in it.
... So I'll get back to the running in a few days .