• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Broncos in the Weeds

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Here's one I found in Congress, AZ a few months ago. Front end appears to be on blocks. I don't think anyone lives full-time at the house. I spied an old Falcon and a Mustang behind his fence.

Note that it has 3 tanks.

I'm guessing it's a '73 or '74 Ranger.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• IMG_2153[1].jpg
    IMG_2153[1].jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_2154[1].jpg
    IMG_2154[1].jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 270

texastreasures

1974 Rust Bucket in Missouri

While on the way to pick up a 66 Bronco I bought on EBAY, My brother and I spotted this one along the way on a farm in Missouri. We still to this day argue about who saw it first. The Farmer allowed us to part the truck out on his property and we could have anything at all except the axles. We spent a day in a half working in snow and freezing weather to get all the goodies off this old sport. Parts were divided up by need as they were being removed. Truck was auto, with p.s. That trip will probably be the best memory my brother and I will share. Two broncos and hit a dear all in the same trip. As you can see in the picures we were loaded down with goodies

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
texastreasures said:
While on the way to pick up a 66 Bronco I bought on EBAY, My brother and I spotted this one along the way on a farm in Missouri. We still to this day argue about who saw it first. The Farmer allowed us to part the truck out on his property and we could have anything at all except the axles. We spent a day in a half working in snow and freezing weather to get all the goodies off this old sport. Parts were divided up by need as they were being removed. Truck was auto, with p.s. That trip will probably be the best memory my brother and I will share. Two broncos and hit a dear all in the same trip. As you can see in the picures we were loaded down with goodies

I don't see any pictures....

Todd Z.

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
This thread has not been seen in a while, so I thought I would add some Photos. Josh (PDXBronco) and myself took a trip to Tumwater WA, and found these on the way home. We spotted about 25 bronco's, maybe hard to see in the pic's, the weeds are very tall.

Attachments

• BRONCO.jpg
    BRONCO.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 436
  • BRONCO1.JPG
    BRONCO1.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 445
  • BRONCO2.JPG
    BRONCO2.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 471
  • BRONCO3.JPG
    BRONCO3.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 457
  • BRONCO4.JPG
    BRONCO4.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 562

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
Mono WoW! What's the story?

I remember reading in a 4x4 mag a few years back (maybe 5-10), about a bronco shop/parts house in SW Washington, when I tried to call etc, it was no longer. I did find out what it was, drove by the front and saw a few old Broncos, and a lot of NO TRESPASSING signs, and the place was all locked up. Never gave it a second thought until today. We drove down an access road and saw the mother load. Now we just need to do some research and talk to the owners. It sure would have been fun to walk through there!

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Hey Shawn, did you get a pic of that one that was almost entirely covered in ivy towards the front of that rear yard.

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
Yeah, I totally forgot to add it, thanks for reminding me. When we going back up?;D

Attachments

• BRONCO5.JPG
    BRONCO5.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 407

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Stay out of there. That dude is nuts. It's his daughter in the previous Bronco Driver Magazine that explained the story of her dad repo'ing her Stroppe Bronco. You would be amazed how much rare Bronco stuff he has. even the trailers are full.

But if you must it is right off the freeway in Woodland, WA.

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
To add to the story from what I hear he is terminally ill and the stuff is going to being fought over by the wife and kids. I have meet the guy before and been in his shop. He was extremely creative with fiberglass work (one piece front ends, fenders etc..) and he even made his own transmission adapter molds (for mustang transmissions if I remember right). He had a ton of different oem parts still in the original boxes. He has 1/2 cabs, Roadsters, Stroppe stuff, rare mustang super chargers, you name it. However, his prices were outragous.

Several years ago I heard a rumor that Tom's was going to buy his stock of Parts and about that time all the Broncos were pulled out and lined up (kind of looked like they were taking inventory). Supposedly the deal fell through and back into the weeds they went. This place has looked pretty much the same for 10 years that I have known where it is at. He does not like anyone poking around and what signs say is what they mean.

I think he operated under the name "Sargents?" It is a tragedy to see all that stuff go to waste. There is probably 25-30 Broncos in there.

One funny side note is that the Green 77 with the white roll bar has a NP 435 with a single speed Dana 21 transfer case. I always drive by when I am over there, but I don't venture to far from the truck.

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's kind of funny I think that might be him. There is much more to the story, but it is probably better left to be told around the campfire at SOB as opposed to a thread online.