• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explain the color of my 1969 Bronco

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
I'd need to look at the BroncOhio VIN chart to see what month it was built, but it is a later in the year '69 with vacuum wipers. Also, there had to have been some paint work done at some point - the top for one and the fiberglass front clip. Both of those were painted the same color as the body at some point before I bought it. Considering the half ass work done all over the Bronco when I bought it, no previous owner put anything expensive into this, so a full repaint inside and out is highly unlikely. But that's pure speculation on my part based on all the cheap fixes I had to repair once I bought it.
FYI, BroncOhio Vin is wrong for the end of 69 production. The marti that I posted for mine VIN of F78448 shows built on June 20. Broncohio says 1969 production ended in August with F63999.

LHardin

That has nothing to do with it. Half of the body panels have been replaced over the years so it's no longer all the same color. The green metallic that it's painted is ugly as sin.
Appears like you are taking the long way around the issue.

Either paint it with the color that came with the truck as in the "P" Code (Boxwood Green) you mentioned or go to your paint shop and get the Medium Ivy Green Metallic. Can't make it any simpler for you.

OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Appears like you are taking the long way around the issue.

Either paint it with the color that came with the truck as in the "P" Code (Boxwood Green) you mentioned or go to your paint shop and get the Medium Ivy Green Metallic. Can't make it any simpler for you.

You don't comprehend what's going on here. I'm not looking to paint it. The stock color or any other. This thread wasn't in any way started in order to do any painting. This is the only Bronco I've ever seen this color. I've long wondered what the color was, if it was the stock color, if it was a factory color, and why my Bronco is the only one I've ever seen this color after 25 years in the Bronco hobby. This thread was posted to research the uniqueness of the color and hopefully learn something about it. No painting going on at all, no need to match anything, or purchase any paint.

OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Justin- can you confirm the glovebox vin matches the frame vin?

I've never checked, but this Bronco has been in CA since sold new and it still has the original black and gold license plates from '69. Even had the license plate frame from the selling dealer on it when I bought it. Man I kick myself for removing and recycling that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Ha! The mystery continues. Can’t imagine po replaced the tub and kept the original glove box door.

In addition to the paint work that had to have been done to change the color of the hard top and paint the one piece fiberglass front clip, when I bought the Bronco, the dash was painted with some type of textured paint. Looked kind of like bed liner, but came off quite easily with a wire wheel in a drill. I could see the entire body being painted when the color of the top was changed, and/or when the fiberglass front clip was installed, but the exterior paint matched the interior paint fairly well. If I had to be completely objective about it, I recall the exterior paint having more of a metallic tint than the interior paint. The only remaining body panels the stock color are the quarter panels and tailgate. I should compare the exterior and interior of the tailgate to see how different the colors appear now that we're discussing it.

LHardin

You don't comprehend what's going on here. I'm not looking to paint it. The stock color or any other. This thread wasn't in any way started in order to do any painting. This is the only Bronco I've ever seen this color. I've long wondered what the color was, if it was the stock color, if it was a factory color, and why my Bronco is the only one I've ever seen this color after 25 years in the Bronco hobby. This thread was posted to research the uniqueness of the color and hopefully learn something about it. No painting going on at all, no need to match anything, or purchase any paint.
Maybe you are the one who is failing to comprehend that all of these replies are attempting to politely help you.

Maybe you need to comprehend the answer that the color you are trying to find on the official Ford color chart does not exist and no matter how hard you push the issue is never going to make it appear on that chart.

By the way, I noticed that you don't really give appreciation or actually give thanks for anyone trying to help you. It is clear to me that I will not wase any more time on this since with two pages on this thread ant you remain unsatisfied based on the assistance you've received.

Good luck.

OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Maybe you are the one who is failing to comprehend that all of these replies are attempting to politely help you.

Maybe you need to comprehend the answer that the color you are trying to find on the official Ford color chart does not exist and no matter how hard you push the issue is never going to make it appear on that chart.

By the way, I noticed that you don't really give appreciation or actually give thanks for anyone trying to help you. It is clear to me that I will not wase any more time on this since with two pages on this thread ant you remain unsatisfied based on the assistance you've received.

Good luck.
Thank goodness that you're going to stop posting worthless responses.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
I’ve enjoyed following this thread, for what you find out about your Bronco as well as the sometimes comedic value. I wish I wasn’t red/green colorblind so I could actually SEE what y’all are talking about with the various shades of green.

Randy