• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front disc brakes leaking like a sieve

Soylent

Contributor
Loc.
California
First disclaimer is that I have never rebuilt brakes. Recently received truck back from mechanic. Working to get the hydroboost system running. Front drums were replaced with GM discs. Had a few leaky hard-lines so I replaced them all front and back. Bench bled the master hooked everything up and ran an errand. Came back and pools of fluid under front brakes. Took off banjo bolt and tightened the braided lines on the brass fitting then snugged down the banjo bolts. Still leaks like a sieve. IMG_7009.jpeg IMG_7010.jpeg

OP
OP
Soylent

Soylent

Contributor
Loc.
California
Took the banjo bolts out again because I didn’t remember if there were any washers. There weren’t any. Maybe they are not needed if one component is steel and one brass?

IMG_7011.jpeg IMG_7012.jpeg

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
So to make sure, one on each side of that brass block as 67 pointed out?
Yes - 1 on top, 1 below the hose fitting. The idea is that the copper washers seal the banjo bolt head to the fitting and seal the fitting to the caliper.

You’ll need 4 total to do both sides (2 each side).

OP
OP
Soylent

Soylent

Contributor
Loc.
California
Yes and no. Truck wasn’t finished and I got tired of waiting so I took it back. Banjos were initially loose so maybe a note to himself to finish the job? Still not drivable yet but close.