• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front disc brakes

OP
OP
MThalfcab

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
Duff has been making there own kit, with there own knuckles, based on the later Ford parts. Been doing it that way for 30+ years.
When you swap the knuckles, it is alignment time. Spindle swap you can get away without an alignment.
Hey Broncobowsher, I've been looking at the Duff Ford Disc Brakes product, I'm doing a bit of research on the GM product also, it seems you can get thoses parts just about anywhere! Thanks again!

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
The GM stuff is readily available in kit form from our vendors or in pieces at your local parts store, or if feeling like having it at your door, just about any online store if your choice. It’s not a lot of parts.

75 Chevy k10 spindles, calipers, backing plates, brake pads, caliper bolts, banjo fittings
78 bronco hubs and rotors

I can’t remember off the top of my head the hose that is needed.

muskrat

Bronco Guru
I bought the kit from Tom’s. Everything needed and a hand grinder was all that was needed to clearance the knuckles.

The instructions were right on also.

No rabbit hole here.

Only rabbit hole is if you decide to do new brake lines. If ya do, I’d suggested the pre bents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk