• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

got my engine bay painted

hose101

Contributor
Next step is undercoat and back on the frame

Attachments

• Picture or Video 001 (Medium).jpg
    Picture or Video 001 (Medium).jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Picture or Video 002 (Medium).jpg
    Picture or Video 002 (Medium).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 98
OP
OP
hose101

hose101

Contributor
Thanks. I am using the Nason line from dupont. The color is starburst blue. It is a standard color for Nason. Covers alot better than some other blues I have used. Although it did take a quart and a half of sprayable for the engine bay.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Very nice. I am just about in the same place on mine. Good step to get done. I like the blue too.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Is that single stage? I assume so? I am contemplating going single stage with my next paint job.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Looks great! That color is similar to mine. Mine is '76 color code D "Blue Poly". Your color may be darker though.

Attachments

• Picture 098.jpg
    Picture 098.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 23

charvey9

Loc.
Beaverton, OR
Looks great!

Everytime I pop my hood and look at the grease & grime I get closer to doing something with my engine compartment.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Looks good. I wish I'd have painted my engine bay body color. That is a very nice color!

OP
OP
hose101

hose101

Contributor
Is that single stage? I assume so? I am contemplating going single stage with my next paint job.

Nope it is BC/CC. I am more comfortable with base/clear than single stage. It is a metallic with a real fine metal flake. So at least with the clear I can build it up, sand and buff if needed.