• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got too much money?

jalapeño

Loc.
Philly 'burbs, PA
I saw this at a local dealership.

5c17a1c0.jpg

$59,000 :eek:

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
59k and no wiper arms? Man ya think they'd throw those in!

msweb

Bronco Guru
I don't know, those beefy nerf bars that also serve as gravel skis look pretty sweet and check out that fancy fuel tank valve! Simulated beadlocks will save on tire changing time, the mother in-law seat looks nice and safe... I say get them to throw in the rubber mat it's parked on and it's a steal! :eek:

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
Isn't that the truck that the owner "fully boxed" the frame, tig welded everything on etc. etc.?
Upon closer inspection the attention to detail was seriously lacking IIRC.
There was an entertaining thread on it months back. Again, if that is the same truck.
Dennis

OP
OP
jalapeño

jalapeño

Loc.
Philly 'burbs, PA
Not sure, I never saw the old thread. Just happened to hear about this at a dealership near where I work. I think the only thing original is the frame; everything else is fiberglass, aftermarket, or far from original. I just thought the asking price was ummmm..... original

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Isn't that the truck that the owner "fully boxed" the frame, tig welded everything on etc. etc.?
There was an entertaining thread on it months back. Again, if that is the same truck.
Dennis

"Here is the nicest Bronco on the planet for sale" (He was asking $75K at that time.) He didn't take too kindly to honest criticism. I believe it still had the Dana 30 front as well.

Found the link - that one's a good read.;D

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150373

Last edited:

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Yes that's the one that has a fiberglass tub, but he rhino lined it to keep it from rusting%). I guess I could offer the dealership what I offered the original seller a few months ago...

Broncobowsher

Total hack
"Here is the nicest Bronco on the planet for sale" (He was asking $75K at that time.) He didn't take too kindly to honest criticism. I believe it still had the Dana 30 front as well.

Found the link - that one's a good read.;D

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150373

That was a good read, very entertaining.
The detail is best described as shocking.
What he thought was important he did (good paint, flashy engine, 4-wheel disks). Execution, fairly well as well. But stuff he didn't know about was very apparent. Stock D30 front axle, complete fubar steering (drop pitman arm on F100 steering box and he says "only a little bumpsteer"), kept the stock 3-speed (forgot to look and see if it still has the old shift collar on the column). A few more of the "right" parts and it could be a really nice rig that might actually be worth some real money. But there was so much undesirable stuff put on it that it is a real turn off.
Anything over $30k shoud at least have aluminium wheels;D

Jakedog

Dennis

I remember that thread. The guy got pissed off after he asked for opinions on price or something like that.

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
The best one I saw was on Ebay. It sold yesterday for $17k. Here are a couple of photos.

Attachments

• IA039601-2sm.jpg
    IA039601-2sm.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 50
  • IA039601-3sm.jpg
    IA039601-3sm.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 46