• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

HELP! Chevy Heater Blower Motor Upgrade question

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Four Season is a very popular brand .. Even if you parts store doesn't have that brand they can cross over to Everco or Napa or Car Quest . Lots of different brands out there and any will work after it's been crossed over .. Just nice to have a correct part no. to give the kid behind the counter that thinks the one from a small car like a masda should work.

hotrodtim68

Contributor
Four Seasons Parts?

Thank you for the response. Good to know about the cross over. Your right about the kids behind the parts counters today.They don't know the difference between a street hemi or L88. Take away the desktop computers in the chain auto stores, and they can't count change.%)%)%) no less know what parts are. WHAT IS THIS COUNTRY COMING TOO!:cry::cry::cry:

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Tomdee is correct.

The new Four Seasons motor I picked up is #35587 and the fan is #35602 (both are Four Seasons).

Here is the difference. The motor that I replaced (part #35588) was too deep into the heater box. Also the fan (part #35601) was too deep. The 35601 fan has a 'backspacing' that compensated for the extra deep motor. The fan itself was about 1" deeper than the factory fan, causing it to rub on the back of the heater box around the "mushroomed" part of the box.

The fan that you want does not quite stick into the box as far, and the fan itself is not as deep. Fan part#35602 is the same dia as the heavy duty fan (#35601) but is not as deep. Fan #35602 is just a tad deeper than the stock fan.

I hope this helps. I will post picks that I have in the next day or so.

JDJ

Tomdee

Loc.
Staten Island
I bought the Four Seasons Parts from Rock Auto.com But they should be avaliable locally.
Crossover numbers should work also!
Tom D.

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
My motor and cage fan came from a local Advance Auto Parts.

JDJ

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Just finished this mod as in the RTV is still not dry. I took my old motor and cage to the “yard” with me and found just what was needed in less than 10 minutes.

WOW all I can say is WOW at the difference it makes. I think I’ll have to build some sort of a deflector to keep my feet from burning off. I rebuilt my air box a few years ago and that helped but the new motor and cage rocks.

Tim

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I just picked up (3) of these motors tonight from my neighbor who has a huge stash of Chevy truck parts. Best part was all three were "FREE". Brought them home and they all tested out to be good.

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Tomdee is correct.

The new Four Seasons motor I picked up is #35587 and the fan is #35602 (both are Four Seasons).

Here is the difference. The motor that I replaced (part #35588) was too deep into the heater box. Also the fan (part #35601) was too deep. The 35601 fan has a 'backspacing' that compensated for the extra deep motor. The fan itself was about 1" deeper than the factory fan, causing it to rub on the back of the heater box around the "mushroomed" part of the box.

The fan that you want does not quite stick into the box as far, and the fan itself is not as deep. Fan part#35602 is the same dia as the heavy duty fan (#35601) but is not as deep. Fan #35602 is just a tad deeper than the stock fan.

I hope this helps. I will post picks that I have in the next day or so.

JDJ

Here is a pic of the new motor and fan next to the original.

Attachments

• 1229002106.jpg
    1229002106.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 1229002103.jpg
    1229002103.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 92

HOT RAM

Loc.
Shenandoah Valley,VA
Hot Ram,

Thanks for the info. I will also look into that tomorrow when I get to the parts store. I like the idea of staying with all ford parts.

JDJ

Me,too.
I would rather freeze than have a chebby anything in my Bronco. ;D

with the Ford blowers being just as easy to get, I don't see why they aren't being used more than the chevy stuff ?????

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In this case it wasn't because nobody wanted Ford vs Chevy, or that they felt that all GM fans were better than all Ford's. It was just luck-of-the-draw that someone stumbled across a GM part that worked better than the stock EB stuff, told others about it, and we ran with it.
Sometimes it just takes awhile for someone to get around to finding other parts to fill the bill. And then awhile longer to get the word out.

I think it's as simple as that. Just luck and timing.
I'm sure even those that are happy with the Chevy parts, would have had no trouble using Ford parts.

Paul

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
I think in a lot of cases many of these parts are made by the same company and then sold to Ford/Chevy. I'm not going to put a 350 in but a heater blower motor... does not bother me. Im going to the snow this weekend and I'm going to need it!

HOT RAM

Loc.
Shenandoah Valley,VA
Went out and checked mine.It is not stock but replacement/aftermarket.It is just a hair smaller than the stock F-250 fan/squirrel cage.

My friend has a stock one from a F-250 that I compared it to.

as to being just as usable,I agree that the Chevy fan would be.Just that some of the guys around here are hard core chevy guys and I would NEVER be able to live down using a chevy part in my Bronco around them.:-[