• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Icon bronco thread with parts list prices, input?

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think I have a deal done on the jfb truck, just trying to make sure we get the transmission right, didn't hear anything today from them though so idk..I can only imagine the "I wanna get the F home" feeling after being at a show like this for a week though.

Btw, The krawler truck is broken down in Albuquerque

Negative fox-trot, The TOW rig Dodge had a clutch or tranny issue last night NOT the bronco.

Hope your bronco quest turns out better than your TripleA road side assist report.

u10072

Bronco Guru
Yes its done-- Ive seen this in person, underneath and all over-- its absolutely an amazing hotrod that happens to be an early bronco, that happens to have 3" King coilovers all the way around:)

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Yes its done-- Ive seen this in person, underneath and all over-- its absolutely an amazing hotrod that happens to be an early bronco, that happens to have 3" King coilovers all the way around:)

This one?

myqu4umy.jpg

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Negative fox-trot, The TOW rig Dodge had a clutch or tranny issue last night NOT the bronco.

Hope your bronco quest turns out better than your TripleA road side assist report.

LOL!

Yep, tow rig, not the Bronco in the trailer headed back to TN.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
If you are really serious about building something amazing then go to www.alwayshotrods.com

I looked at the link and was not sure if you were referring to the "Andre" or "Bob" Bronco in their gallery but then saw the later post.

I saw a pic or two of the blue one, but not details on it and was not aware of this shop.

The others in the gallery look like they will be / are nice Broncos, but I did not see anything that wowed me in those photos.

What is so over the top on the blue one that would make it a $400K build? Not saying that is not possible, but I certainly need more info to fill in the many blanks for anywhere even closet to half that amount.

66broncofan

Contributor
%)yawn! Moving on! Just another poser with money. Build or buy whatever the heck you want. There is no answer to the OP's rhetorical question. There's nothing like bragging about something you can afford but don't own.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Ignore the jealousy of some people. I think it is cool that guys who can buy whatever they want, now want Broncos. I and many others on here have knows how cool they were for decades, so of you were just a bit slow in realizing it!;)

I'm not jealous for one bit!

He came across as a total self absorbed, narcissistic "douche bag" (his words not mine). I took his first few post that way. I could give a crap less who he is, what he does, or what he owns/owned and good for him that he has the money to buy what ever his heart desires, I'd take any old lowly E-1 in any branch the military over people like that any day of the week!

Jealous, not in the F'ing least!

For me there's more to people than net worth, it's character, humility, integrity, bragging about what you have, had or what you can buy is a big turn off for me.

Not going to give "cudo's and welcome's" to people who like the same things I like because it's what's in style now.

I'll stay posted and watch though and if I'm wrong I'll be the first to admit it, I'm not afraid to be proven wrong, either way.

First off your quote was confusing since you did not quote it correctly and I thought you had just posted the same thing I had.

When I first read his post I kinda took it the same way, but went back and changed my mind and edited out a smart ass comment I had included in my 1st reply and gave him the benefit of the doubt as a newbie on the forum. If his a real douche, it will show soon enough as other always do.

You say you are not jealous, OK, I will take your word for that, but I know for a fact that many others on here and other I know outside of Broncos are when it comes to people who are very wealthy. I do not understand why they are myself, but they are. Personally, I see it as a cool thing when someone works hard and is very successful and like to enjoy their money on toys like I do, just at a higher level.

The father of my best friend growing up is worth a ton of money (sold one of his companies for $60M a few years ago) and was one of the senior Senators in our state having served 40 years (way too long for any politician, but I will digress on that side rant on the need for term limits ;) ). He had money and power, but IMO, no life. He worked and had no hobbies, never traveled for pleasure or took any real nice vacations with his wife or 6 kids when they were growing up, etc. He and his wife still live in the same very modest house as when I grew up there. When I mean modest, I mean probably $150-200K?.

Now his and his wife's health is poor and they really can not do much even if they wanted to.

Sure, he liked to play down his wealth so he could be an average guy that Joe Sixpack would relate to and vote for in the next election. He never had really flashy cars, but his did always have a tired old Buick that he would take out to meet constituents in rather than his annual new Cadillacs or later Lexus'. I get that.

My point is, all that work, all that money, for what if you are not going to enjoy it whether it be with classic or custom cars, horses, fine art, travel, starting a charity, or? But damn, do SOMETHING to make all that work put to some use in some form of returning enjoyment!

They had a 57(?) Chevy pickup that belonged to her father (my buddies grandfather) and they talked for years about having it restored in memory of him and as a family heirloom. They asked me some questions about where to take it and what to do with it, but that was 10-15 years ago and I think has just been rusting away more and more every year. It was really nice 30 years ago when I was a kid, but now, I am sure not so much since it is probably still outside behind the garage. All that money and a nice ~$20K driver quality restoration on this which is all they would likely want would not even be a decimal point in their finances, but would pay homage to their father, grand father, great grandfather and not too far from now great great grandfather.

They are great people and our families have been friends for generations, but IMO, that is just such a waste to not enjoy some of what all that hard work earned, not even when it came to paying tribute my buddies grandfather as they had talked about at one point. ?:?

If someone wants to work hard and play hard and spend lots of money doing it, more power to them IMO.

However, if they in any way try to talk down to me or insinuate that I or others are "less" than that are as a person because I have not been as financially sucessful and can not spend on their level, all bets are off and they can go get fucked in my book. ;D

At this point, the OP has not done that or anything else to piss me off, so we are still good for now ;D

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
Yes, good body with little rust + top notch show quality paint with meticulous fit of doors / fenders / rockers/ hood will cost 25k+

Isn't that what the Icon actually is? Just a good tub with them giving it their once over. I remember seeing a video of one of their first EB builds and the tub was in less than stellar condition (compared to the most recent renditions) and the guy made it a point to say they used only "quality used tubs" for their builds. But maybe that was just on their FJ builds.

u10072

Bronco Guru
Drew,
Its just one of those things where you have to see it honestly. Picture Troy Trepanier built a bronco. Engine, trans, custom frame mods, body mods perfectly executed, 12 point bolts nickel plated throughout, huge brakes, custom fabricated 9" axles, 3" king coilovers. Its so way over the top that its not really my style but its still simply amazing.

mattt

Bronco Guru
Drew,
Its just one of those things where you have to see it honestly. Picture Troy Trepanier built a bronco. Engine, trans, custom frame mods, body mods perfectly executed, 12 point bolts nickel plated throughout, huge brakes, custom fabricated 9" axles, 3" king coilovers. Its so way over the top that its not really my style but its still simply amazing.

I dig it other than the oversized blingy wheels. It look a long time to scroll thru all the pics of the build on their site, but like you mentioned...lots of custom mods to make it that much better.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
There is a guy in Alabama name is Dennis Burton ...BroncosbyBama is his build title ....Google him n have him "line"you one up?

OklahomaBroncoB

Loc.
Bixby Oklahoma
Hell, if I had the means I would call up the guy that made the Pistola build on here and ask him to make me one just like it! Do a search for the build on here and see what you think.

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
Isn't that what the Icon actually is? Just a good tub with them giving it their once over. I remember seeing a video of one of their first EB builds and the tub was in less than stellar condition (compared to the most recent renditions) and the guy made it a point to say they used only "quality used tubs" for their builds. But maybe that was just on their FJ builds.

Yes, that is the way ICON does it. Might change when dynacorn comes out with a complete body! who knows.

I just don't care for all the ICON branding they do to them.

ajonesny

I doubt they'll share the paint code with you. Your best bet is to find out what paint shop they use and go that route.