• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help: I'm installing rear seat

SteveMa74

Contributor
I'm installing Tom's Bronco fold and tumble rear seat. I have carpet in my truck. on top of matting that is all glued down. I don't know where the factory rear seat belt holes are (the interior ones closest to cent line of truck bed, not the outside holes near bed rails). Can anyone who does not have carpet please measure for me where those holes are? maybe measure from back of truck bed and from the wheel wells inward? If I can just get close, I can poke around with a nail and then I'll know where to open up the carpet. thx guys

Attac

Contributor
From the tailgate closed they are 15 1/8" forward. From fender well to hole is 16 1/2". If you have location for outside holes they are 14" inward from the outside holes
And they are 7" from each other.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Go underneath the truck find the holes and stick an ice pick or awl up through the hole
The back ones are very close to the tank if I remember right

OP
OP
SteveMa74

SteveMa74

Contributor
Go underneath the truck find the holes and stick an ice pick or awl up through the hole
The back ones are very close to the tank if I remember right

yeah, right above the tank. plus I didn't like how far back the seat sits. so I moved it forward and re-drilled new holes. trying to balance leaving enough leg room for teenage kids and still be able to put my yellow lab behind the seat for short rides.

thx for all of the suggestions. will post final pics.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
yeah, right above the tank. plus I didn't like how far back the seat sits. so I moved it forward and re-drilled new holes. trying to balance leaving enough leg room for teenage kids and still be able to put my yellow lab behind the seat for short rides.

thx for all of the suggestions. will post final pics.

Please do post the pics. I would love to have enough room behind the seat for a normal
(36 quart?) cooler.