• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need Help troubleshooting turn signals

hubdawg

All my lights, instrument and markers work but no turns. Is there a way to determine that it's the turn signal switch in the column without tearing it apart and replacing.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Do the brake and hazard lights work? Is the turn flasher clicking?

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
If you can get a wiring diagram (someone on here has them) check for power coming in at the connector at the bottom of the column. If you have 12v in then you can map out the t-signals. Then jump the 12 to the t-signals and see if they light. If so then your problems are in the column.

My t-signal problem was in the plastic turn signal switch in the column under the weel stc. The connectors were not very strong and needed to be cleaned. Once cleaned and bent out a bit everything started working.

OP
OP
hubdawg

hubdawg

With the key off at the column connecter the white wire with red stripe is the only hot wire. With the key on an additional wire all blue is hot. I ran a jumper from a hot to each terminal in the column end of the connecter with no results

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
With the key off at the column connecter the white wire with red stripe is the only hot wire. With the key on an additional wire all blue is hot. I ran a jumper from a hot to each terminal in the column end of the connecter with no results
Bad turn signal switch.

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
I can say from experience that Yes the turn-Signal indicator is bad..It's funny how many symptoms can be solved by replacing that switch.

OP
OP
hubdawg

hubdawg

Pulled wheel to start switch replacement. Does this come off with a puller or is it threaded. Found quite a range in prices in the replacement switch, is there a inexpensive one from a different rig? I know it has to be for an automatic with hazards on the column.

Attachments

• 20150222_092548.jpg
    20150222_092548.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 20

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Pulled wheel to start switch replacement. Does this come off with a puller or is it threaded. Found quite a range in prices in the replacement switch, is there a inexpensive one from a different rig? I know it has to be for an automatic with hazards on the column.

It pulls off. You can use the steering wheel to do it in most cases. Unfortunately, those turn signal switches are expensive but they do a complicated job. Your '74-'77 automatic Bronco switch is setup for a 1 wire horn. Truck or van columns of those years are not the same. This is one place where you just need to bite the bullet.