• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Parts Source or Spec for Locking Hub Ring for Early 1972-302

Ark Bigfoot

I opened the hub assembly to get to the front axle to check the u-joints. I looked at the ring on the locking hup and it has broken. Is there a replacement for it.? Or a spec that I can get a machine shop to make it for me? https://flic.kr/p/2nSRaQJ

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
Can you post a picture of the other side of your part?
Is it the 18 tooth drive ring?

View attachment 889937
So in this picture that oldtimer posted, where the large cogs are and the inner diameter that lip that sticks up is a sleeve that could be removed,,I highly doubt that sleeve was ever serviced without just a complete drive ring replacment ,,meaning finding a good used drive ring might be your best bet..

So after seeing The OP added pics,were'nt there before I posted,, looks like the gear you posted is still intact...Maybe check the other side see what you have there to compare ,,could be the last person to assemble it didn;t know either and just put it there,,,,

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think we had a similar discussion a couple of years ago now. I'd never seen that part outside of the gear, so always assumed it was just a part of it's machined surfaces. But apparently it's separate and can come out.
But agree it was probably never a service item. In the link FordBronc provide in post #3 it looks like the main part is available.

Paul