• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Repairing a world traveller

Lt1Burb

First time poster, just thought I would share a few pics with ya. This EB spent many years overseas, went through Europe, Africa, Fiji, Australia etc. It lost some of its metal on the way so I am slowly repairing it, I am a couple hundred hours in so far. I spent a lot of time fixing a previous attempt at fixing it, found extra floor pans etc.

IMG_6695.JPG

IMG_6922.JPG

IMG_6925.JPG

IMG_6936.JPG

IMG_7107.JPG

IMG_7113.JPG

IMG_7112.JPG

IMG_7420.JPG

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Nice clean work on the rust repairs.

I wish I had been to all the countries your Bronco has! Was this originally an export Bronco or was it taken overseas by it's owner? Maybe a member of the military?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
You are going to have to start giving stories about the travels. You are going to have a lot of followers. That is a lot of traveling. I know a few vehicles that have had some pond crossings, but nothing with a list like that.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Yeah.... we need a good story and build on this Bronco! :)

muskrat

Bronco Guru
My EB hit all the lower 48 by the original owner, but you’ve got me beat big time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

Lt1Burb

I will have to find out if it was an export Bronco, I don't think it was but I would love to find pics of it on the serengetti on safari. I was looking at some albums on here and guess this wasn't terrible for rust now. I fought the Taiwan rockers for quite some time, and finally tossed them. I bought the DC ones and they fit great. I don't know how common rusty B-pillars are but both sides were the same, I wanted to save the quarters as they were in good shape surprisingly. A sneak peak of my garage inhabitants.
IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_7195.JPG

IMG_7331.JPG

IMG_7333.JPG

IMG_7336.JPG

IMG_7337.JPG

IMG_7343.JPG

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice clean work on the rust repairs.

I wish I had been to all the countries your Bronco has! Was this originally an export Bronco or was it taken overseas by it's owner? Maybe a member of the military?

I'll 2nd that.. Welcome to a great site and great peeps

TNcowboy

90's DSO shows it was an export

Maybe someone can chime in on 94 specifics

Work looks great

OP
OP
L

Lt1Burb

I think I only have one more spot to fix and this is rust free, managed to knock out a few patches yesterday. I am no bodyman nor do I have really any good sheetmetal tools so I fumble through with a grinder, vice and ball peen hammer. I will be using tinteable raptor liner underneath so will dress the welds flat. Today I deal with the passenger front inner fender and on to primer, block, primer, block etc etc.
IMG_2560.jpg

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2564.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

OP
OP
L

Lt1Burb

I think it was Fiji, as there was a Fiji sticker on windshield if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
L

Lt1Burb

Going to paint

Have to block one more time this morning and into the booth it goes, we did get the bed liner on yesterday and some parts painted. If my name is on it it has to be straight and black is the worst for that. It will be so nice to get this off the rotisserie and back on the frame.

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2795.jpg

IMG_2794.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

hucklburry rev2

it sure would be cool to track down some pics of it in various locations, thats for sure. Not a military bronco? civilian all the way? any record of who owned it before you? Keep up the good work.