• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Steering upgrade questions, and some brakes

MonsterBIlly

I have a 75 with the dana 44. I have a 3.5 inch sl and a 2 inch bl.
i am currently running factory power steering but I am using a fox body pump because of the accessory kit I have.

My bronco drives great on the street. It handles great and is nice to drive. However, I do not like the 6 turn steering box. My current box also comes loose every now and then at the frame mounts.

So i am planning on adding the frame support to my bronco and I am also interested in doing the 4x4x2 steering box upgrade. I wheel a lot and am thinking this will be the best way to go. I also thinking about upgrading brakes to a hydro boost system.

If any of you who have done the steering upgrade would like to chime in and let me know your opinions i am happy to listen. Also, if you are also running hydro boost I would like to hear that as well.

Is there a system that will upgrade both at the same time and save on effort?

thanks ahead of time. I appreciate it.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
While upgrading the power steering swap to a Saginaw pump. At napa the Lincoln dual return pump is a 38-117. Those are getting harder to get without a core. You can substitute a 52-9393 pump. It's for a 77 k20 and has the same specs. Most the eb vendors carry the mounting bracket for the Saginaw pump. Some require some grinding depending what reservoir is on the pump. For the hydroboost wh sell a nice kit but its pricey. You can look up the astro van or other junkyard swaps guys have done. Then you just need the correct hoses. You can get em local if you have an Earl's vendor or industrial/hydraulic supply nearby. Otherwise wh has a good selection of hoses and fittings.