• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thinking of going 37's

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
my bead locks are 12" wide, so looking for some 37's wider than 12". haven't found very much. I may just have to get new 10" wide wheels for 12.5" tires.
these will be for off road rocks and trails only. irocks, pit bull rockers or? don't want to break the bank either. what tires do you all run, and a good place to get them?

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
In 15's I'd do toyo's 1st pitbull's 2nd and iroks as a very last choice behind everything else. You will really appreciate the toyo's if you ever go somewhere where you really have to drive like any of the western states

However, keep in mind they will be pushing you to the very limits of what your drivetrain will survive, they will tease you to push harder.

Personally I've even moved away from sticky tires on mine for BFG MT's, I found for the type of wheeling that I'm doing they were not much of a step up. I was able to sell both sets of very well used tires and wheels to completely pay for a very nice new set of tires and wheels.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I went from IROKs to maxxis creepy crawlers, 37x14.50x15
They are a little pricey but I watched amazon for a while and bought a set with free shipping and they weren’t much more than a set of new IROKs. I like everything about them, they stand up better aired down for more diff clearance and the sidewalls are tough as hell. They don’t tend to fold under when off camber like the IROKs on a smaller diameter wheel, makes it less tippy. I have 39.5 IROKs on the white Bronco because I got them cheap but I sure like the maxxxis on the green one a lot more. No experience here on any other 37s so can only speak for these.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If we assume 15" wheels, I'd second the vote for the Toyo M/T's...my brother has been running them on his 'yota for a while in the 35x13.5x15 size, and they've done remarkably well in a variety of Oregon terrain...everything from Brown's Camp to the dunes to various mud/trail runs. His truck always drives to and from the trail and has never been on a trailer. Toyo makes a 37x14.5x15 that sounds like a good candidate for 12" wide beadlocks on a weekend warrior type rig.

I've thought about getting a set of Rockers for mine when they do their super sales, 50% or more off and free shipping, but the timing has never worked out. They look mean, and if street use isn't a concern, could be a good choice...just not sure if that still holds as true at full retail.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I really like those Maxxis.

They look like they may be pretty loud on the road but Skiddy don't care about that,

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I went from IROKs to maxxis creepy crawlers, 37x14.50x15
They are a little pricey but I watched amazon for a while and bought a set .

I'd lean towards the crawlers if you can afford..

Pitbulls are a great option though