• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tonight bronco on wheeler dealer TV show

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I was really expecting the desperate Mike to save the day with a Dynacorn body for Edd. It was real good all the way up to the point where Mike suddenly found the new body for free, wham bam, everything swapped with zero documentation, done. That was the point the show fell apart for me. Still a tired 302 on the test drive, didn't you see the smoke screen it laid down?

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Edd looked like he was driving a clown car sitting in that Bronco. Knees all up by the dash pad and all.

Hank

Last edited:

bronco1017

I really like Wheeler Dealer and I really like Broncos but this was my least favorite episode. It just didn't add up.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I assume they did not have enough time in the typical hour long show.
They could have devoted a whole season to that build if they wanted to.

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
I assume they did not have enough time in the typical hour long show.
They could have devoted a whole season to that build if they wanted to.

They started the episode, turned off the camera for five weeks, six mechanics jumped on the build, they set Ed in front of the mostly finished Bronco on a stool and turned the camera back on.

I did like the way Ed began replacing the rear quarters. That is basically what I went through, except used my laser, err I mean, plasma cutter and a grinder. Didn't like how they immediately removed the 3 on the tree. It works just fine if you rebuild it.

$8,000 for a frame with title and a few odds and ends that could be salvaged from the original Bronco. I was thinking about that last night. I paid $2500 back in 2007 for something in about the same condition, but it was a 73. I guess in 2016 dollars I paid about the same maybe?? I have at least as much money in parts as them, maybe slightly more.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Jolly good show gents!!

All in all another great episode, made even better with my latest passion, the EB.

Very interesting that I restored a 77 Civic a couple years ago and I saw an episode on Monday of the same car...thought I'd seen them all!

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Let me help with the math...

$40,000 Sale Price - $25,000 Cost of Parts and Bronco = $15,000
$15,000 / 278 hrs = $55 per hr

If I may Clarify... For the quality of the work done, and if you had taken it to any shop that knows broncos in the State of Kalifornia, you would have paid at least $100.00 per hour to have work done.

Same with Body work, 4k would have just got you in the door...

On another note; I did enjoy the show. Realistically, a bronco project was bought, started, and finished. We, in the know, roll our eyes at the costs or how magically a new finished body showed up. Still it did represent what some of us have gone through to keep our rigs on the road...

(I could swear that I saw a Sag PS pump cap when mike looked at the motor in the 1st part of the show.)

67RT

Bronco Guru
Didn't it look like he would crack his skull on the roll bar? People that tall are not built for these trucks. It was a pretty truck, regardless of how it happened. THey have done 2 part episodes and wish they had here.

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
If you watch the shows from early days, back in 2003 up, they have Ed obviously doing much more of the work. It really was more like a two man show, done on the cheap. And, Ed takes a lot more time explaining stuff he is fixing, how he's doing it, tricks, tips. I've gotten more than one tip watching them back then. Their new shows have lost some of the charm of all that. Mike's getting fatter and Ed is doing less of the work.

Casey4wd

Loc.
Austin, Texas
904Bronco - we are saying the same thing, just my sarcasm is not coming across in text. I was saying that the math shows $55 an hour, but no one works that cheap.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
904Bronco - we are saying the same thing, just my sarcasm is not coming across in text. I was saying that the math shows $55 an hour, but no one works that cheap.

No hate Sir ;D My Teenage Boys both tell me that I am a little slow on the uptake... %)

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
No hate Sir ;D My Teenage Boys both tell me that I am a little slow on the uptake... %)

I won a $5 bet with my teenage genius after the election, but he said it was a win-win...he'd happily pay me if he lost or my $5 would cheer him up from thinking of his future with Pres Clinton

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
I don't have this channel so reading this thread is the equivalent of listening to a ball game on the radio. Good job guys.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Heres the episode: https://www.velocitychannelgo.com/wheeler-dealers/1970-ford-bronco/

Saw these on twitter

Cw3jk75WQAALG7N.jpg:large

Cw3cuqOWgAEl9Q-.jpg:large

Cw3bleWVQAEGkGT.jpg:large

Cw1PCcsXgAExmU4.jpg:large

Cw6r4I8UQAAtUMH.jpg:large

eBronc2

Contributor
40 FREAKIN' THOUSAND DOLLARS!

Well, that's just great, now every idiot with a Bronco rusting away in his yard will firmly belive it's worth a fortune.

Good thing I got mine back in 2001 for 300 bucks. ;D

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
40 FREAKIN' THOUSAND DOLLARS!

Well, that's just great, now every idiot with a Bronco rusting away in his yard will firmly belive it's worth a fortune.

Good thing I got mine back in 2001 for 300 bucks. ;D

Hell, I paid 4+ times that much for mine in "1983"....lol....

SteveC

Loc.
Tuscaloosa AL
If you watch the shows from early days, back in 2003 up, they have Ed obviously doing much more of the work. It really was more like a two man show, done on the cheap. And, Ed takes a lot more time explaining stuff he is fixing, how he's doing it, tricks, tips. I've gotten more than one tip watching them back then. Their new shows have lost some of the charm of all that. Mike's getting fatter and Ed is doing less of the work.

I agree. I really enjoy the older episodes.

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I enjoyed the episode...but would have been much better if it hadn't sounded like a Poppin Johnny tractor during the test drive.