• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Welder Advice

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Not sure where to post this, so here goes.

I'm looking at a used welder to use on the bronco. It is a Miller DVI, about 3 years old, and has approximately 3 hours of weld time on it. It includes a tank about 80% full (still verifying the exact size), auto dimming helmet, extra tips, full spool of wire (think it's .030), gloves, even the manual. He's asking $1000 obo and he's motivated. I can't really afford to do this now, but at that price I can't really afford to pass it up. I'm thinking of offering $750.

I know I'll be spending at least $300 for welding on upcoming projects, so it just seems like the thing to do what do you guys think... I know I'd use it to fab bumpers and do my floors also.

BTW I haven't welded for about 15-16 years.

tcb42

I have been looking at that very welder for myself as well. A $1000 seems a bit high to me since you can buy a brand new one for about $1100-$1200 shipped to your door. I think $750 is a fair deal. If you get it let us know how you like it.

Tim

Bronco Brian

Bronco Guru
I have been looking at that very welder for myself as well. A $1000 seems a bit high to me since you can buy a brand new one for about $1100-$1200 shipped to your door. I think $750 is a fair deal. If you get it let us know how you like it.

Tim[/QUOTE Miller DVI, about 3 years old, and has approximately 3 hours of weld time on it. It includes a tank about 80% full (still verifying the exact size), auto dimming helmet, extra tips, full spool of wire (think it's .030), gloves, even the manual.

A Big bottle will be over $100 Auto Helmet $60.00 to $200.00 Wire $20.00 to $40.00. I don't think it is that bad Just my .02

hose101

Contributor
I have that very welder sitting in my garage(notice I didnt say it was mine, long term loan). I love it. Like mad said $800 with all the stuff would be a reasonable offer. I know I couldnt get that amchine for even a $1000 dollars over here. you wont regret buying it.

OP
OP
needabronco

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I may have to go take a look. Like I said I can't really afford a welder right now, but I can think of upcoming projects that need at least $600 worth of welding done, and that is at conservative labor rates...

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Offer 800 and walk away if he doesn't take it. Leave your phone number, you might get a call from the seller after a while when it doesn't sell...

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
I "dragged my feet" in closing the deal on one of these about two months ago for $600 with everything you mentioned except for the helmet (although he was throwing in an extension cord worth close to the same). Needless to say, a second person entered the mix and quickly snatched it up for that price, and I have been kicking myself ever since. I'm still looking for another good deal on a used mig.