• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What color bumpers were stock

vtboy51

My '68 has a chrome (ish) front bumper and a white rear, what would a '68 of come with from the factory? I'd like to have them match, just don't know which to change. Attached are pics of what if currently looks like.

Attachments

• frontbumper.jpg
    frontbumper.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 112
  • rearbumper.jpg
    rearbumper.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 104

House

Minutia Militia
Unless it was ordered with chrome bumpers, which is possible, but not probable.

OP
OP
vtboy51

vtboy51

So both front and back would of been white most likely... I do have the originally window sticker, so I'll take a look if any special orders were requested.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
You should get a Marti report on it. It has a lot of Sport features like chrome grill letters, headlight rings, tail light trim, looks like a horn ring on the steering wheel.....
Does it have vinyl door panels?

OP
OP
vtboy51

vtboy51

You should get a Marti report on it. It has a lot of Sport features like chrome grill letters, headlight rings, tail light trim, looks like a horn ring on the steering wheel.....
Does it have vinyl door panels?

It has the metal door panels. What version of the Marti report are most people getting, Standard, Deluxe, or Elite?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My '71 had all that stuff too. But only after I robbed it from a '72 Explorer Sport and put it on!;)
Be interesting to see the window sticker vtboy.

And what's the story behind your cryptic comment there 1strodeo? Some interesting backstory we should hear some night around the campfire?;D

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And that's a pretty cool decal in the window too.
But I hope you're either fairly short when sitting, it's a lot more translucent than it looks, or you don't mind leaning over while driving!%)

Any Bronco owner that wants a decal in the window should measure twice, stick once. I would not be able to drive that thing for leaning over to look out the lower half of the windshield. I like the idea of the tint (and really need it sometimes) but any decals have to go down at the bottom of the glass to be able to comfortably see traffic signals or anything else above 6' off the ground.

Already have too much trouble as it is, without any decals.

Paul

66broncoCT

Contributor
Loc.
Torrington, CT
And what's the story behind your cryptic comment there 1strodeo? Some interesting backstory we should hear some night around the campfire?;D

Paul

I think he's referring to not being able to get one for a 66. Its a problem I have as well haha.

Lawndart

Loc.
Marti is not set in stone.
Mine mentions "Orange Random Stripe Bench Seat"; please, these never existed that I know of. Mine also mentions chrome bumpers; I don't think this is correct as well.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
My '71 had all that stuff too. But only after I robbed it from a '72 Explorer Sport and put it on!;)

Paul

Nothing I said was meant to be cryptic?? ...if you’re referring to the blind man comment that’s just a figure of speech I heard years ago meaning you finally understand something; I guess would be equivalent to today’s “ahaaa moment” (which happens to me a lot on here) Still a young pup in the EB world ;)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nah, it was the "I can't get one" comment I was referring to. I didn't remember you had a '66 but 66BroncoCT cleared me up on that score.
I use the blind man thing too. We often said "I see says the blind man to the deaf horse" when the lights come on.
I was just wondering why you could not get a report. Then I "remembered" said the deaf horse!;D

Paul

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
lawndart - the orange random stripe interior is the orange southwestern look seats with orange vinyl trim that came in the explorer. one year only item (73? and bench may be referring to the rear seat?)- chrome bumpers have always been an option and came standard on sports and rangers

Lawndart

Loc.
lawndart - the orange random stripe interior is the orange southwestern look seats with orange vinyl trim that came in the explorer. one year only item (73? and bench may be referring to the rear seat?)- chrome bumpers have always been an option and came standard on sports and rangers

Yes, I have those seats in my Explorer - however these were never bench.
I should have quoted the full Marti description - "94 Orange Random Stripe Bench Seat and Rear Seat".

OP
OP
vtboy51

vtboy51

Paul

Here is my window sticker.

Attachments

• broncoWindowSticker.pdf
    462.3 KB · Views: 36