• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trouble getting on the forum

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Hi Jon, I've been having trouble getting on the forum since the end of last week. My android phone still won't let me long on. I get a Message saying page can't be loaded
and to check connections, browser extensions and maybe the site is down. as far as I know nothing has been changed with the phone and I can open other sites with no problem. Before this started I was having problems with both my phone and laptop giving me a oops message when I would try to download a message at times. The last couple times I tried I couldn't post then I got the error message previously mentioned.

Maybe a side issue, with the new format change when I try clicking on a thread it takes me back to the beginning of a thread even though I was one of the last one's to post. Happens regularly in the off topic section.

Thanks

Lynn

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Sorry it took me 10 days to reply to this. Are you still having the issue?

I can't think of anything that's changed on my end and no one else has contacted me with similar issues.

Regarding the clicking a thread and it taking you back to the beginning instead of to the new content.... that should only happen the first time you click on a thread since the new forum software. After that, the forum remembers what's new to you and should take you to the first unread post in that thread.

OP
OP
gnpenning

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I haven't tried on my laptop since starting the thread. My phone seems to be working most of the time.

I still get sent to the beginning of a thread unless I click on something I received a like on in the bell notification. Which I have been using as a default when I get sent to the first thread. The "you should laugh everyday" thread is the worst. I can be the last poster and still get sent to the very first thread. Pretty much a 100% of the time.

Edit, I don't know if it matters, but I wasn't notified that you had responded. I didn't click watch thread, I just assumed (we know how that works) I would be notified since I started the thread.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
The "you should laugh everyday" thread is the worst. I can be the last poster and still get sent to the very first thread. Pretty much a 100% of the time.
If there's no new post since you last visited that thread it will take you to the 1st post, since there's nothing new. Look for the yellow/orange "NEW" tag to the right of the thread title. If it's missing it means there's nothing new to see.

If you were the last poster then that's why.

OP
OP
gnpenning

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I understand. I mentioned one of the last ones to post, not the last. Just happened again in the hydrogen thread. New posts, but took me to the beginning. Generally only happens in the off topic forum not the others.

Sounds like I'm the only one having this issue.