• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vinyl paint

Bdhand

Contributor
Hey guys,

I am working on a 73 explorer that has blue interior and I was wondering if any of you had ever had experience with the SEM or DupliColor vinyl paint. I am needing blue arm rest for front and rear and all of the seat parts. If you have had experience how did it hold up. How easy was it to apply. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
Brent

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I used the SEM stuff years ago on a 67 Mustang. Did the rear deck lid, the diver side arm rest and a few other odds and ends. It worked pretty good and was really close on the color match. I only had the car for a few years so I cant tell you how it held up in the long run.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don’t that a couple of times prep is your friend, but it stays a lot longer than I ever thought also depends on how much it touched and used

OP
OP
Bdhand

Bdhand

Contributor
Very OK I would say. What did you end up using?
These were parchment white arm rest i took out of my 77. I cleaned them up and sprayed SEM Pacific Blue on them just to try it out. I think it’s going to be too light. I’m thinking it should be shadow blue but we shall see

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have had good luck using them on hard plastic. Never tried soft materials
Good luck as in good coverage, good match, and good durability. One I painted and a few years later it was still so good I forgot I had painted it in the past until I took it apart and saw the inside.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
These were parchment white arm rest i took out of my 77. I cleaned them up and sprayed SEM Pacific Blue on them just to try it out. I think it’s going to be too light. I’m thinking it should be shadow blue but we shall see

looking good

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
its all about cleaning gotta get all the old body oils and armoral and everything else trying to keep the spray from sticking. respray when the color wears off.

75MIKE

Loc.
NE Washington
Just a heads up if anyone is looking to match Ranger dark blue. This was a perfect match.

0292_JPG

0292.jpeg

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia

Far

Anyone know the best match for 74 Viking red? Sorry for the hijack but i've never been able to dig that up. Also i've had many good experiences with vinal dyes. CLEAN is key.