• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear shock mount opinions?

DC_Gearhead

So my rear shock mounts are in bad shape and I need to get some new ones. I’m looking at a couple of options and want some opinions. My rig has a 2.5” SL with 2” BL and 33s. Will be used on streets 90% of time at no more that 45 mph most of the time. I have new bilsteins for the SL. Disk front with drum rears.

Shock mounts I’m looking at are:

WH Rear Inboard Hoop
https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/produ...yYBOn4RC2CHyIs-o5gF30wwmGDObP6DsaArETEALw_wcB

Duff Stage 1 rear shock mounts

https://www.dufftuff.com/Stage_1_Rear_Shock_Mounts_1966_77_Bronco_p/5215.htm

Any thoughts on these two? I’m open to other suggestions too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
If you have the 2" body lift why not take advantage of the space and go with duffs stage 2 or wh shock jock?

OP
OP
DC_Gearhead

DC_Gearhead

If you have the 2" body lift why not take advantage of the space and go with duffs stage 2 or wh shock jock?

Good idea. That would give me some additional travel.

needsmoarturbo

Good idea. That would give me some additional travel.

For a bronco that's 90% street I'm not how useful long travel is, but I would avoid the ones where the shocks are really inboard of the frame rails unless you have them valved differently. That is probably good for flex, but not for road manners because the body is rolling around putting a lot of leverage on the far inboard shocks..