• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

08 Baja 1000 co-pilot raffle tickets

jake

Loc.
Anaheim, CA
anyone on the fence about buying a ticket should do it. I bought one ticket, and won. I had a great time last year, and will be going back to help support the team again this year. It was a great experience with a lot of exciting moments, and the slow moments (maybe an hour at a time), you're doing your best to catch a nap.

I got to (or had to, depends on who you ask) ride with Chuck. We were in the racer for abour 8 hours straight (well, except for when we got stuck in silt, and then the blown tire), all in the dark.

Anyway, it's a cool experience, and even if you don't win, the money helps support Class 3 Racing. Class 3 had 9 starters last 1000, and it would be great to see that number increase.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
anyone on the fence about buying a ticket should do it. I bought one ticket, and won. I had a great time last year, and will be going back to help support the team again this year. It was a great experience with a lot of exciting moments, and the slow moments (maybe an hour at a time), you're doing your best to catch a nap.

I got to (or had to, depends on who you ask) ride with Chuck. We were in the racer for about 8 hours straight (well, except for when we got stuck in silt, and then the blown tire), all in the dark.

Anyway, it's a cool experience, and even if you don't win, the money helps support Class 3 Racing. Class 3 had 9 starters last 1000, and it would be great to see that number increase.
Jake is just trying to get even with me for making him squeal. After he got used to riding with the old guy he did a great job of navigating. Lucky he wasn't riding with Jason.

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
is the 9/30 date also the drawing from last year's crew?? I'm still crossing my fingers, and will try to be there to help regardless....great deal Chuck, still hoping to buy a ticket or two...The racer has to be more fun than the superburban...although I'd be happy as can be to be shotgun in that rig again too....
Chris

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Last year the draw date was 10-14. This year we are giving the winers a little more time to get ready so this year is 9-30

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
The Sept. 30 drawing has been moved back a few days because I have to have the racer in CA by the first and it will be a few days before I get back. Gives you a few extra days to get your ticket. Sorry if this causes any problems for anyone. I was planning to have someone else deliver the racer but plans changed in the last few days and I will be making the trip myself.

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
Can I send a check for the tickets??? Thought I'd try two ways to get a chance at a seat....but I have no card....
Thanks Chuck!
It's a great thing and an awesome oppurtunity to live the dream!
I'll be there come he!! or high water....

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
I'll call Roxanne tomorrow, and see if I can still get tickets...
Thanks Chuck!
If I win both drawings do I get two legs? LOL I'd assume you'd draw someone else in this drawing if a crew winner was drawn somehow...LOL.
can't imagine those odds lol

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Steve Urben is the winner of this years raffle. The same day I got a call from our main sponser letting me know they will not be able to sponser the 1K this year. That leaves me about $8000 short that I do not have to spare this year. I have talked to both Steve and Gregg (the raffle winners) and they both are willing to wait for next year's Baja 1000 This year's 1000 was only going to be 634 miles and next year it will be closer to 1000 so they will end up with more seat time. Thank you all for supporting our race effort.