• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1969 4BD1T Diesel & NV4500 conversion on 33's

OP
OP
BradtheWelder

BradtheWelder

Loc.
Moline IL
Searching around online I found exactly what im doing about the front clip structure. This is what I'm gonna end up doing. My front structure will be all bolt on and I will use rubber body mounts also.

Also note that the windshield wipers are in the bottom of the frame. I like it but at Wildhorses its over a $1k.

Attachments

• 168_2.JPG
    168_2.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
OP
OP
BradtheWelder

BradtheWelder

Loc.
Moline IL
Finally starting to move things in to my new garage. Haven't got the Bronco in yet but I will soon. Been thinking about the rear quarter panels again and I've decided to go with the "rear steel flared look" like the Bronco at the bottom pic. I've got the 2 front fenders on back order right now but luckily I got plenty to do before I get to the quarter panels.

Attachments

• 170.JPG
    170.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 169.JPG
    169.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
OP
OP
BradtheWelder

BradtheWelder

Loc.
Moline IL
Did you move to Colorado? Or is the new garage still in Illinois?

The new place is still here in Moline IL. Not moving to Colorado for now.

Been working on getting my stuff to the my new garage. All my big pieces I need are here now. I got a little to do on another truck of mine first but then I'll be back on this project. Really excited to start walking on this again.

Attachments

• 171.JPG
    171.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
OP
OP
BradtheWelder

BradtheWelder

Loc.
Moline IL
Got my front fenders to use the flared part for the rear fenders.

Attachments

• 172.JPG
    172.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... Your moving so fast I can't keep up But you've done some fine work.. I was wondering how you were still working on the Bronco until I read where you said you were unmarried & had no Kids..
... I'd been thinking man he must have one Fine Understanding Wife.
.. House Burned down & he's still working on the Bronco.

OP
OP
BradtheWelder

BradtheWelder

Loc.
Moline IL
It's been too long.

I'm back to working on this project again. Made some descent progress today. The drivers seat was a nightmare to get out due to the seat cushion being completely messed up and bolts rounded off from last person trying to get it off. Then I took out the previous owners "fix" to the floorboards. He used painted panels and riveted them in. :rolleyes:

But at least it was easy to remove the rivets. Now I'm down to the original metal.

Attachments

• 174.JPG
    174.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 5
  • 173.JPG
    173.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
OP
OP
BradtheWelder

BradtheWelder

Loc.
Moline IL
Then I went ahead and got the rockers off. It's was easy because they were riveted and the guy used self tapping screws to hold it on.

Attachments

• 175.JPG
    175.JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
OP
OP
BradtheWelder

BradtheWelder

Loc.
Moline IL
Oh boy. It's getting deep now. Dash is the most structural part of the truck in the front. That's pretty scary.

Attachments

• 176.JPG
    176.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

big a

Loc.
Fort Worth
Mine was almost that bad as well :(
Good thing is, it'll b better than new when ur done! Glad to c u back at it!
-Andy

OP
OP
BradtheWelder

BradtheWelder

Loc.
Moline IL
Yesterday I made a die and used my 40 to press to make me a new floor brace repair piece off of a chunk of original. Turned out pretty good. Wish it was a little more squared off but I'm satisfied. The press didn't want to do it but I was work it down moving the die from one side to the other.

Attachments

• 177.JPG
    177.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 178.JPG
    178.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
OP
OP
BradtheWelder

BradtheWelder

Loc.
Moline IL
Got some more work done last couple days. Made the bottom brace for the A pillar in to connect to the floor brace. Made a passenger side first on accident but that's alright. It's supporting it own weight again. Been working on the floor pan. Made an extra bend at front where it meets and firewall.

Attachments

• 179.JPG
    179.JPG
    216 KB · Views: 2
  • 180.JPG
    180.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 181.JPG
    181.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
OP
OP
BradtheWelder

BradtheWelder

Loc.
Moline IL
I feel like I got the a pillar door post on pretty good today. It was very difficult to figure out.

Attachments

• 182.JPG
    182.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

big a

Loc.
Fort Worth
Yeah, that's a tough one. When I replaced mine I used the old hinges which were shot. I bolted them up and welded them to my tub bracing. Then unbolted and cut out the rusted pillars, replaced the kick panels, bolt the new ones on, and burned them in. It was still a pain though as things move around when you start adding heat. Nice work!
-Andy

OP
OP
BradtheWelder

BradtheWelder

Loc.
Moline IL
Not much progress but getting these pins out was a pain. One thing I have a question on is the new hinge kit comes with some bushings but looking at my hinges I can't tell where they would go because it appears there is none of them in there now.

Attachments

• 183.JPG
    183.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: