• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1970 Ford Bronco - Death Wobble

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
Yeah, I agree with Kalex on this one..... Those c-bushings don't look like any I've installed or seen. It looks like the outside edges/rim are tucked under or cut/ripped off. I'm no expert but there's a lot of more knowledgeable guys and gals on here that I'm sure will chime in.

I went ahead and posted your c-bushing pics.
1720665213661.png

1720665078738.png

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, I agree totally. I meant to comment on that earlier too, but forgot.
They look like you ran into two problems. One is the amount of rusty scale on the pads definitely affects how the bushings go on. But the second is, there simply installed wrong.
They have lips that go around and the pads and the caps and should not be bunched up like that.
Even under normal circumstances, some will actually squeeze out when they are compressed. But that’s not what’s happening here.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
One is the amount of rusty scale on the pads definitely affects how the bushings go on
Not wanting to sound rude but you may want to clean things up as you're changing parts out. Knock that scale back and at least hit with some ospho or some sort of rust encapsulator. It will make things easier in the long run. Just my 2 cents which is worth just that.... :geek:

Brush Hog

Contributor
Loc.
NorCal
Clean off all rust and scale and use a good lube. I mixed 50-50 dawn dish soap and water in a spray bottle and heavily sprayed both sides of bushings to get them to slip over the pads and make the caps slip on straight. If things aren’t clean and slippery they will not seat correctly.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
OK so after reading through this again, it looks like you used stock rubber c-bushings from Nick that don't have the side lips. I wish you would have called him as suggested and told him about your bad caster numbers so he could have sent you the c-bushings with the built in corrective angle.

1720718575827.png