• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ID 1971 BAJA Ford Bronco Stroppe addition - $60000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Regardless if the A/C parts have a Ford emblem, NO Early Bronco has ever been documented to have left the factory assembly line with A/C, EVER.

If you have any documentation to support that it did, we'd love to see it, and that would add value to your vehicle as something super rare, but I am highly doubtful it is the case.

The revised prices seems to be getting closer to a realistic starting price, but I think you will have a hard time finding a buyer on here for that Baja unless you are still very negotiable.

FWIW, I have met Hyghlander, and he IS a serious buyer, having bought 5-6 EB's in the last 2-3 years, including another Baja. However, I know he also shops and follows what others have been selling for, so he does look for a good deal and will not overpay.

To be honest, when someone new pops up on here, has very few posts and then puts something up for sale at 3-6X the actual market price, it is rather insulting to some who are serious buyers. We see wishful pricing all the time on ebay and other places, but this is the largest and most active Early Bronco classifieds section anywhere, so most regulars on here have a pretty good idea on what Broncos are worth/selling for (or at least what they are not).

The bottom line is that is is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Hopefully you get your price, since it will just support higher asking prices for some of the rest of us if we decide to sell ours!

Last edited:

Dale Sorensen

It wasn't from the factory, but after Stroppe got a hold of it, it went back to the ford shop here in Boise ID for the AC. Like I said it was ford mustang AC.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
It wasn't from the factory, but after Stroppe got a hold of it, it went back to the ford shop here in Boise ID for the AC. Like I said it was ford mustang AC.

That is known as "Dealer Installed" and is fairly common, although usually done with an aftermarket kit like those from ARA. I have had a few like that.

MUCH different that a true "factory" option as you referred to it in your post. Some people might call this splitting hairs, but not here or in any collectible automotive circles where these things make a difference, especially when top dollar prices are involved and items like this are used as main selling points.

While we're at it, I might as well point out that "numbers matching" is a term used by GM collectors that does not pertain to Fords since the engine number is not matched to the frame or body. Fords need to have the correct date code, part number and engineering revision to be correct.

Hello everyone. I am entertaining the thought of selling this old beauty. This thing is all original with the original factory window sticker. It has factory ford Mustang AC installed from factory, air bags, 302 engine with auto tranny, matching numbers on everything and period correct with paper work to prove it. I have a ton of pictures for anyone who is serious, just let me know and I can send them via E-mail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.