• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1975 Bronco Build Update

Steve@CJPP

Loc.
Harrisburg, PA
[youtube]7mOqTGka374[/youtube]

Recently in our shop we did a restoration of a 1968 Bronco. We started off with a Bronco that was in fairly descent shape and made a lot of upgrades. We had so much fun building that Bronco that we couldn't wait to start another project.

This 1975 Bronco, Ranger Addition is NOT in fairly descent shape, in fact this truck hasn't seen road use in about 30 years. Thankfully here at CJ Pony Parts we offer everything needed to bring this Bronco back from the dead. We plan on stripping this eyesore all the way down to the frame and rebuilding it from the ground up.

Follow along with us as we take this pile of rust and turn it into an awesome off-road vehicle.

Last edited:

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Good to see you all getting into Broncos, I bought tons of mustang parts from you guys over the years. Hopefully you'll get involved in the MEB Mid Atlantic Bronco events and other local Bronco events around the area.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Steve, Paul from Wild Horses here.
I'm a big fan of front and rear fender flares, but I'm also of the mind set these days that, if it isn't already cut, leave it uncut.
Just aren't that many around anymore.

That said, it looks like yours has already seen some minor "tweaking" of the rear wheel well openings. So that kind of leaves it in open territory. I say, if it's not rusty in that area, take some time to put it back to original with the Ranger stripes and all.
If it's rusty and you're going to need to trim or replace the panels anyway? Cut it!

That's my 3-cents anyway. Have a great time with the build.

Paul

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Wow you are definitely starting with a very rough candidate. Reminds me of where mine started from... Lots of fun ahead for you for sure. Looking forward to adding your power window kit to my build!

OP
OP
Steve@CJPP

Steve@CJPP

Loc.
Harrisburg, PA
Looking forward to seeing it built. Uncut or cut, that is the question.
Let's just say she is way rougher than she appears in the video.

Good to see you all getting into Broncos, I bought tons of mustang parts from you guys over the years. Hopefully you'll get involved in the MEB Mid Atlantic Bronco events and other local Bronco events around the area.
We have actually had a visit from a couple of members this summer. I don't know what our future holds as far as events as we are still getting our feet wet, but anythings possible I'm sure.

Hey Steve, Paul from Wild Horses here.
I'm a big fan of front and rear fender flares, but I'm also of the mind set these days that, if it isn't already cut, leave it uncut.
Just aren't that many around anymore.

That said, it looks like yours has already seen some minor "tweaking" of the rear wheel well openings. So that kind of leaves it in open territory. I say, if it's not rusty in that area, take some time to put it back to original with the Ranger stripes and all.
If it's rusty and you're going to need to trim or replace the panels anyway? Cut it!
That's my 3-cents anyway. Have a great time with the build.

Paul
I'll just say from what I got to see before they tore it down it the whole thing had more holes than swiss cheese.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
should be an interesting build. amazing what you find once you crack into them.
good to see another one saved.
have fun.

nick

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
Looking forward to this build. That could be the worst looking Bronco I've seen brought back. I know it will be transformed into something great. Make sure you keep us updated, the other project started with a bang then not many updates on here. I found it finished on YouTube :cool:

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looking forward to this build. That could be the worst looking Bronco I've seen brought back. I know it will be transformed into something great.

Kind of what I was thinking...seriously rough looking beast right there, but I'm sure it'll be amazing when you finish. Glad to hear you guys enjoyed your bronco build!

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Not being a fan of the uncut look I would say if it is already cut then since you intend for it to be used off-road put flares on it, don't return it to uncut.

OP
OP
Steve@CJPP

Steve@CJPP

Loc.
Harrisburg, PA
[youtube]rxFbw59dq0I[/youtube]

Today, we're going to give you an update on our 1975 Bronco Build. Our goal is to take our Bronco, and make it a complete off-road build from front to back. In this video, we're going to focus on the body we are in the process of installing, and give you an idea of where we're taking it from here.

OP
OP
Steve@CJPP

Steve@CJPP

Loc.
Harrisburg, PA
[youtube]TJKCK1uJ1mU[/youtube]

Episode 2 of our 1975 Bronco Build Update consists of a '75 Bronco that is almost starting to look like an actual Bronco again! We have all of the sheet metal mocked together held together by screws, nuts and bolts to get an idea of how everything fits. And, it all fits great!

Once we finish the body in terms of welding, we will remove it and begin working on the fame. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest updates on our 1975 Bronco Build!