• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AR 1976 sport automatic soft top (NOT MINE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And on Louisville Craigslist. I made the mistake of emailing the address given and ask them to call me before I realized it was to good to be true. %)

Hope it doesn't contaminate my computer! :(

OP
OP
Timmy390

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Sorry guys...seen it and posted it....yeah it looked too good to be true but some of the deals I've seen lately you just never know.

It's been removed from the LR listing.

Tim

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Pretty funny....google search "john.bean1962@gmail.com" See how many craigslist ads you get!!!

6 results (0.18 seconds)
Search Results
Ford bronco - Craigslist Search - List-Alert.com
www.list-alert.com/craigslist/390070/Ford-bronco‎
25+ items - Alert me with new posts for "Ford bronco" (All For Sale) ...
1993 ford bronco fullsize (harford county) $3500. 6 Hours Ago.
Ford Bronco 1976 sport automatic.baltimore $4447. 9 Hours Ago.
Ford Bronco 1976 sport automatic.baltimore - Craigslist
baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/4098971718.html‎
1 day ago - contact john.bean1962@gmail.com. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests. Posting ID: 4098971718.
Ford Bronco 1976 sport available.houston - Craigslist
houston.craigslist.org/cto/4100764362.html‎
7 hours ago - contact john.bean1962@gmail.com. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests. Posting ID: 4100764362.
Ford Bronco 1976 sport automatic3. - Craigslist
hartford.craigslist.org/cto/4099930181.html‎
13 hours ago - contact john.bean1962@gmail.com. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests. Posting ID: 4099930181.
Ford Bronco 1976 sport automatic.hartford - Craigslist
hartford.craigslist.org/cto/4098714376.html‎
1 day ago - contact john.bean1962@gmail.com. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests. Posting ID: 4098714376.
Bowling Green » Kentucky - Nationwide-Classified-Ads.com
nationwide-classified-ads.com/index.php?topic=Bowling_Green...‎
This bronco is probably the original uncut bronco 302 automatic 44 Interior looks amazing contact john.bean1962@gmail.com. Display Full Posting ▻ ...
In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Fun messing with the scammer, here's his reply (below my reply):

Please send me your bank account and I will gladly pay twice your asking price with funds I recently received from a Nigerian Prince.

On Oct 1, 2013 1:36 PM, "john bean" <john.bean1962@gmail.com> wrote:
I will do my best to walk you through the process. I recently got divorced and I got a new job and moved to Lincoln, NE for a new start. The Bronco is in my possession, already at the shipping company, in a cargo container, ready to be delivered to its future new owner. The deal is handled by Google Wallet so I don't have much to do about it. With Google Wallet, you get free delivery, at your place in 4 to 5 days. In addition, you get 5 days to try it out before buying it, and if you don't like it, you can send it back at my expense. I want to make it very clear, that Google Wallet will hold your money, and I won't be receiving a single dollar unless you call and tell them to release the money to me. For more info on how it works, I can ask Google Wallet to send you an email with more details on how to buy it. They will contact you shortly, as soon as have your personal details. This way you also get proof that I am covered by them and a legitimate seller. If you would like to receive the email from Google Wallet with all the transaction information, please reply with your whole name and phone # and they will contact you right away.

John

RJGarza

Loc.
Karnes City
He jumped up on the price. It was posted earlier in Texas (I forgot which city I saw it on) for $4,500. LOL I hate these fake post!

BillyBronco59

Loc.
Beverly Hills, MI
I see it all of the time. An original posting (probably the AZ one), is replicated everywhere by scam artists for a ridiculously low price. They typically get flagged because it is too good to be true. I had a guy wanting to buy something I posted on CL and he emailed me saying he couldn't call me because he was deaf, but would I text him my info. I Google'd his phone number and found out it was a scam.

Usually the REAL ad has a phone number, is written relatively well. The scams don't have a phone number, way shorter than the original ad, and an email address only usually gmail or yahoo.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Need to email him back and tell him you use Yahoo checkbook, will he take that? If so go ahead and send the bronco and they will hold the money for 5 days while you check out the rig....if he needs any info on Yahoo checkbook just let you know and you can send him a summary so he knows it is legitimate. Lol

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
He hit the Des Moines ads as well. Still alive and kicking: http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/4112945675.html In fact I sent an email, he was sooooooo happy I inquired being local.

His reply: "Hello there

Glad you are one of the people interested in buying my Bronco. I'm selling it because i recently got divorced, my ex-wife was the one driving it and now i don't need it anymore. Let me give you a few details about it: very good shape, no mechanical issues,no scratches nor dents, and it has never been involved in any kind of accidents. Has about 52,000 miles, its automatic, with a 302 engine V8 , 4WD, red exterior and black interior and you can find the pics attached to this email. The sale price is $4,400. I have a clear title, free of any liens or loans on it, under my name.
If you are interested in buying it or if you have any questions, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,
John Bean

So I asked the usual trouble spots and when I can come and see it?! Funny thing is, I pointed out to him that I don't remember ever seeing outdoor palm trees in Iowa!!! He never answered back.:eek:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
And it was on the Tucson CL last week. Friend called all excited and then quickly realized it was a scam.

I'm 98% certain the photos of the truck are from Tucson. The palm trees and home architecture are a dead giveaway.

Todd Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.