• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3.5 lift help plese!

Hi. I am new in this forum. I am martin 23 years from chile (south of the world) so sorry for my bad english. I have done a frame off resto to my 67 bronco. ( engine, diff, trans, transfer, etc).
My bronco its 90% ready. I have instaled a 3.5” duff sl and the proble is that my front dif( dana 30) have rotate (caster i think its the name for that)
And obviusly now the track bar and the drag link are not paralell aligment.
Its hard to handeling when driving in bumps.
I have instaled the c bushing thats come in the suspension kit.
What can i do? Radius arms drop bracket? Track bar raise bracket?
i appreciate your help

OP
OP
C
969661b3f83c05beac457ae8a2dfd927o.jpg

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
The c-bushings they sent with the lift should be correct for caster. Its possible you have em reversed. Theres a top and bottom bushing. For the steering linkage start with a trak bar drop bracket would be the easiest fix.

OP
OP
C
The c-bushings they sent with the lift should be correct for caster. Its possible you have em reversed. Theres a top and bottom bushing. For the steering linkage start with a trak bar drop bracket would be the easiest fix.

Thanks for your time. I have installed a trak bar drop bracket.
And i have chequed the c bushings and they are correct :(

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome to CB.com! Your English is better than some native speakers...you're good and we're patient, so no worries.

As for your 3.5" SL, definitely check your C-bushings like SteveL suggested, as a 4 or 7 degree bushing installed the wrong way will make an 8 or 14 degree difference in the wrong way. If you can check your caster numbers, those would help confirm whether you have a caster issue or just a bump steer issue due to misaligned track bar/drag link. Do you have a picture of your front end so that we can see what you have?

MrT

You have to get the track bar and drag link parallel to each other. There isn't a lot you can easily do to the drag link so concentrate on moving the track bar with a drop bracket on the frame or a bracket to raise it off the axle.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Try to send a picture of your front suspension, it could help if people can see the issue

OP
OP
C
Welcome to CB.com! Your English is better than some native speakers...you're good and we're patient, so no worries.

As for your 3.5" SL, definitely check your C-bushings like SteveL suggested, as a 4 or 7 degree bushing installed the wrong way will make an 8 or 14 degree difference in the wrong way. If you can check your caster numbers, those would help confirm whether you have a caster issue or just a bump steer issue due to misaligned track bar/drag link. Do you have a picture of your front end so that we can see what you have?

Thanks. Yep i will look at the c bushings again. I dont have the caster numbers now but when i have it i will share it if the issue continue.
I have a lot of pictures but i dont now how to share it hahaha

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Drop Pitman Arm installed? It should be installed the same time as the Drop Trac Bar Bracket.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru

PaveBronco

Posting pics is easy, become a contributor, $12 a year and worth every penny, the folks on this site have saved me a bunch of time, headache and mostly...money..
Chille..very cool, I've heard of some Bronco's down there, used for mining work?
would love to see pics of yours..is it a Diesel?

OP
OP
C
Posting pics is easy, become a contributor, $12 a year and worth every penny, the folks on this site have saved me a bunch of time, headache and mostly...money..
Chille..very cool, I've heard of some Bronco's down there, used for mining work?
would love to see pics of yours..is it a Diesel?

Nice i would do it. Here in chile are only a few esrlys we have a group with 40 broncos but i think only 5 runs hahahah.
And my bronco has the original 289 whit the rat/dana20.
Ford 9’ small bearing and front dana 30 all whit drum brakes.
Last month i have buyed a dana 44 from an early but i have a lot of work to do it. But the idea is disk brakes👍🏼

OP
OP
C

Attachments

• 78C6A76E-9D22-4184-B9F2-75A586191841.jpg
    78C6A76E-9D22-4184-B9F2-75A586191841.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 81
  • CB083433-F658-4ADA-9B1C-D5113502AE34.jpg
    CB083433-F658-4ADA-9B1C-D5113502AE34.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 423159BD-F089-4B9E-BF24-8A9234DFD4D8.jpg
    423159BD-F089-4B9E-BF24-8A9234DFD4D8.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
C
Now i am contributor. So thats my bronco
My c bushings were wrong the rear bottom its the front bottom an so.
I have turne all of it. And its alot better but not perfect.
The probleme its still there and its dangerus to drive it fast. At any inperfection of the road the bronco turn right. In the pics you can see that the track bar and stearing bar are not parallel

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
You might try rotating the drag link up so that the grease cert is pointing up towards the front bumper. If you can find or make a drop pitman arm that would help you as well. Even going with a T.R.O setup might fix the drag link angle if you cant get a drop pitman arm. Good luck with it and keep the pics coming!