• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3/8" fuel line to 5/16" spring lock?!?!?!?!?

Todoubled

Anyone have a good way of connecting BC Broncos 3/8" fuel line to the 5/16" spring lock connector at the fuel rail? The barb fittings for the line are 3/8" barbs... spring locks 5/16".... there going to be a problem here?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll be interested in the answer here too. Sounds like it's not likely, but I don't know all the ins-and-outs of these fittings yet.
I have seen some fuel rails with the 5/16 size and others with the 3/8 size, so maybe you just have to get a different rail?
Don't know. Hope not, but I'll be interested to hear.

Paul

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
yeah it's a real pain that both the springlock barbs are 5/16ths (Chuck will tell you they are 1/4" but its all the same)

I didn't use BC lines but I did make my own and here's what I would suggest.

3/8ths female inverted flare union
3/8ths inverted flare to 3/8ths barb fitting
3/8ths inverted flare to 5/16ths barb fitting

The union and the 3/8ths barb fitting will be easy to find. The 3rd one might not be. I had to go to a couple NAPAs to find it.

I'm surprised Chuck would sell the springlocks and the fuel lines but no way to connect them. Are you sure you're not missing a piece?

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
kinda hard to see in this pic but these are the feed lines from the tank to the rail. Notice both rubber hoses are the same size - 5/16ths - but the hard lines are 3/8ths and 5/16ths.

769808878_BFB8E-M.jpg

as far as I know all the rails are 3/8ths feed and 5/16ths return.

RustyShackelfor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Centerville, TN
The fuel lines seem almost modular on the trucks I have checked. The hoses that go to the fuel rail come down and both of them have connectors where the fuel filter is. Why not use used fuel lines or am I missing something why everyone seems to be using these kits?

Looks like danwheeler is on the right track for how you should do it.