• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

302 Oil Pump Attachment Question

csmith441

Loc.
Edmond, OK
I have an engine still in my 72 EB, but I picked up a 71 302 EB with a standard bore from a guy yesterday to build the replacement engine. The engine was pulled about twenty-five years ago and sat in his garage. The guy covered the block and parts in axle grease. He also gave me the original crank, rods and pistons.

There is one main cap bolt with a threaded addition to it. He stated that it may hold the pick up line.

Does any one have a few pics of the crankcase and oil pump right after they removed the oil pan?

I just want know where the special fasteners goes and how the oil pump & pick up sets inside of the oil pan.

Thanks

Chris

JT

I just pulled the oil pan from my '75 last night. I'll take some pics and post when I get home from work.

JT

JT

Hope this helps. Let me know if you want me to take more detailed pics.

JT

Attachments

• IMG_0901.jpg
    IMG_0901.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 31