• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351 with explorer efi balance question

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can I use the Explorer flex plate and Explorer harmonic balancer together on a 351 and be good?
Or do I have to use the 351 flex plate and get the balancer converted by DamperDudes?

If I use the Explorer damper on a 1996 truck 351 serpentine, will the truck crank pulley bolt to the re balanced Explorer balancer and all the pullies line up right?

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
All 351W engines were 28oz imbalance. You need a 28ox flex plate and balancer. The 50oz Explorer stuff won't be correct.

OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have access to both engines. So I just need to send the explorer damper off to convert it to 28 ounce to match the 351s flywheel.

If I kept the f150 serpentine, will the f150 crank pulley bolt right up to the Explorer damper and belt offset be right? I am aware the explorer serp fits better.