• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3rd Middle Front Seat

CoachZ

Loc.
Central Coast, CA
This is actually a general question about seating...

First, anyone seen these 3rd Middle Front Seats?
http://bigskybroncos.com/files/john70int.jpg
Are they super rare and need to be fabricated for sure? That's what I'm thinking. I've only seen a few so far. Do all the EBs have whatever is needed in the floor to accommodate one of these or only certain years?

Second, (sorry if this is stupid) but is it possible to get three (small) people/kids in the stock back seat? Or is there a seat that can go back there and seat 3?

Whenever I get one of these beauties I'd like ultimately be able to seat 6 total...is that possible?

OP
OP
C

CoachZ

Loc.
Central Coast, CA
i believe that it is a middle seat out of a grand wagoneer, or some other type of jeep

Hey bigbad...no I'm pretty sure it was an option, but SUPER rare. I've seen this one and a different one in a rig on Craigslist. Both listing them as rare. I talked to one of the builders here thebroncoranch and he said he could either find one or fabricate one.

Just wondering how rare it is...

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Hehehehehehe

Couple options to seat 6...

A) stretch your rig to fit a 3rd row seat

B) go FW axles, cut your wheel wells down to run a 48" rear seat (common in aftermarket and will fit 3 little butts) and run a bench, 60/40 or buckets and a center seat (Jeep Wagoneer middle fits, just needs a bracket made)

C) Custom rear U-shaped rear seat to fit 4 in the rear but you will lose any storage room.

D) run seats front to rear in the back so they share leg room. The stock bench fits 2 car seats perfectly.

5 in an EB is much easier to pull off than 6. My goal is to build a 4 door 26" stretched EB with a 3rd row.

Attachments

• DSCI0011.JPG
    DSCI0011.JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 125
I got one with my 67. It doesn't have the frame on it, I thought that PO just built it to put in between the seat. Maybe he did, but mine looks similar.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I have the Wagoneer middle seat in mine. In my opinion it fits better than the Stroppe seat and the top folds down and makes a really nice arm rest.

Do a search you'll find pictures of it.

OP
OP
C

CoachZ

Loc.
Central Coast, CA
That thing is sweet!

Tito...I like the two seats front to rear ala Toyota Landcruiser safari style! That might be the way to go...but I still want the middle seat or a bench seat so me and the wifey can sit redneck style (is redneck ok to say on here?).

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
We pull those middle seats out of Suburbans all day and toss them...I've had them at Swap Meets for a few years with no luck in selling them...

The stuff we toss here would curl your socks...

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
You can make a middle seat pretty easy. The frame is simple, piece of plywood and carry it to a upholstery shop to be covered. I think they charged me $30 to cover the seat bottom including the foam. I built the frame for the back, but decided not to use it. When the center arm rests are up it sits ok without the back.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
One of those stock Stroppe middle seats just sold on ebay for $300

There are Wagoneer seats that fit well. The one I recall seeing had a fild down back on it so it could be used as an arm rest if no one was sitting in the middle.