• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

408w with ford z304 highport heads in oregon custom header ?

74strokerbronco

Loc.
Monmouth, OR
Hello all, new to the forum sort of . Sorry I missed the unevent with my bronc but couldn't it get done in time.
Anyway my question is does anyone have knowledge of a good custom header builder in the western Oregon area?

I have talked to thompson motorsports in Eugene and he my be my only close option but thought I would ask here.

I know there are no ots headers for this build i.e.408w with ford racing z304p cnc highport heads .
it's a pretty serious motor around 650+ hp and needs 1 7/8 primaries
c4 w/3500 stall

so any ideals from the other local Oregon guys ?

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You might give Mike Azbar (sp?) of Benchmark Fab and Finish a call...he's at 33127 SE Peoria Rd, Corvallis, OR 97333. I've seen some pretty nice custom headers in his shop in the past for some cool builds...there was an old DIVCO milk truck that was pretty sweet. I don't know whether they were done in his shop or by someone else, but he would be the guy to ask.

You could also try Mike Scheele at NW Auto Fab in Tangent. He's done several EB resto-mods and while I can't say whether they do headers or not, they may have some recommendations.

Neither is super close to you, but they're at least 45 minutes closer than Eugene.

OP
OP
74strokerbronco

74strokerbronco

Loc.
Monmouth, OR
Thanks Apogee I'll see if I can't find phone numbers for them and see what they have to say. I'm actually closer to Adair village or Suver then Monmouth buts it's a Monmouth address.

OP
OP
74strokerbronco

74strokerbronco

Loc.
Monmouth, OR
thanks that thread could be helpful !! the two places apogee suggested ended quoting some pretty high pricing compared to the first place I talked to in Eugene. I'll try calling Dan in auburn tomorrow maybe he could build a similar set to Mountainview68 but with the larger wide/spread bolt flange and in 1 7/8 inch. my heads differ from Mountains in they have the wide 3" bolt pattern and my exhaust ports are raised 3/4" over stock .;D